Too choppy for wood
Last updated at 09:00, Tuesday, 20 May 2008
The Lord of the Rings actor filmed The Oxford Murders in London and Oxford in January 2007. The film is released in the UK on April 25.
“It was very cold,” admitted Elijah, who even fell ill during shooting.
“It’s funny, because it happened to be a very mild winter for the most part, and we were filming in interiors for a lot of the London time because the exteriors were in Oxford.
“But the interiors were often colder than outside. We were filming in these abandoned buildings with no heat so a lot of the scenes where it’s supposed to be very cosy and warm – particularly the love scenes with Leonor in her apartment – were very cold.”
Elijah plays overseas student Martin, who comes to Oxford University to study under his idol, Professor Arthur Seldom, played by John Hurt – however they find themselves solving a murder using mathematics.
First published at 11:52, Thursday, 24 April 2008
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Grange news
- Officials take advice on range of ideas for Grange historic lido
- SLIDESHOW: Cartmel family race proves a winning formula
- South Cumbria school praised for helping children feel right at home
- SLIDESHOW: Sun shines on Cartmel racegoers as bank holiday meeting starts
- Grange woman who fraudulently claimed benefits in court (2 comments)
- Barrow, South Lakes and Copeland voters share their views
- Puddles the Cumbria otter cub travels to specialist hospital in Scotland
- Good Samaritan tells of impact of Grange drunk’s attack
- South Lakes housing estate plan approved
- Store owner appeals to public after £25,000 jewellery heist
- Grange man accused of grooming girl for sex
- Loved ones remembered at Cumbria service
- New Grange estate proposal branded ‘vandalism of a public view’
- Cumbria sex offender pensioner due in court today charged with loitering near children's play area
- Cumbria fly-tipper admits dumping his old sofa
- High winds close outdoor exhibition in South Cumbria
- Cartmel Races - Betfair Barbecue Day 2014
- Cartmel Races - Totepool Cumbria Crystal Hurdle Day 2014
- Two race horses perish at Cartmel races in South Cumbria (16 comments)
- Consultation begins on £1.4m South Cumbria homes proposal (1 comment)
- Cartmel Vintage Race Night
- Barrow bakery has recipe for success
- Car stolen in South Cumbria
- Barrow and Grange venues for summer street gallery exhibition
- Cumbria chef Simon Rogan wins another accolade
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012