Too choppy for wood
Last updated at 09:00, Tuesday, 20 May 2008
The Lord of the Rings actor filmed The Oxford Murders in London and Oxford in January 2007. The film is released in the UK on April 25.
“It was very cold,” admitted Elijah, who even fell ill during shooting.
“It’s funny, because it happened to be a very mild winter for the most part, and we were filming in interiors for a lot of the London time because the exteriors were in Oxford.
“But the interiors were often colder than outside. We were filming in these abandoned buildings with no heat so a lot of the scenes where it’s supposed to be very cosy and warm – particularly the love scenes with Leonor in her apartment – were very cold.”
Elijah plays overseas student Martin, who comes to Oxford University to study under his idol, Professor Arthur Seldom, played by John Hurt – however they find themselves solving a murder using mathematics.
First published at 11:52, Thursday, 24 April 2008
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Grange news
- TV star to lead the way during inaugural South Cumbria cycling event (5 comments)
- Disused Grange pool may be knocked down
- Grange jewellery thieves jailed
- Cumbria County Council election
- Grange child porn man turned in by own sister
- Cumbria man found in possession of child porn
- Cumbria police appeal after £4k quad bike stolen in South Lakes (2 comments)
- Two-hour struggle to free digger stuck in mud at Grange
- My 50 golden years patrolling the sands to Morecambe Bay
- Historical food expert to attend Holker festival in Cumbria
- Thieves swipe safe from Grange family butcher
- Lindale farmer buried hard drug stash (1 comment)
- Drug dealer "spooked" by car hides drugs stash on South Cumbria farm (4 comments)
- South Lakes residents invited to comment on dog control orders (4 comments)
- Thief blasted for targeting wishing well
- South Lakes restaurant gets AA cooking award
- Flookburgh based Bay Search and Rescue charity in bid to boost funds (2 comments)
- Driver praised after collision
- South Lakes energy scheme recharged (1 comment)
- UPDATED: South Lakes man located
- Satnav stolen from locked car in Grange
- Post box blown up in Grange
- Grange event starts festive fun
- Judge retires after 20 years on bench
- Dedicated volunteer set to meet royalty at event
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012