‘Superduck’ on charity gig bill
Last updated at 17:23, Tuesday, 28 August 2012
By Matt Reason WHILE the wet summer may be depressing the rest of us, the rain will be delighting some of Grange’s model citizens.
And they’ll surely be even happier to know their time on the bill has been extended by popular request.
The popular Grange duck hunt, Go Quackers, is staying open for two more days after demand for the £2 maps of their locations stayed steady. The event, which sees families hunt for decorated ducks throughout the town, will now close on Sunday.
The 48 ducks, each with a unique design and sponsored by a local business, are set to be sold for charity at an afternoon tea and auction at 2pm on September 9 at the Grange Hotel.
Tickets are priced at £7 for adults and £4 for children, while under fours go free.
Tickets are available from Mulberry's Cafe, Paragon Gift Shop, Grange Hotel and the tourist information centre.
The ducks vary in design from Johnston’s of Grange jewellers – which had its painted by a Border Fine Arts artist – to the At Home Cafe’s “Superduck”.
The proceeds will go to the Michelle Jurd Memorial Trust, which is supporting local schools, Walking with the Wounded and the RAF Benevolent Fund.
The children’s entertainer, Dave Simpson, will be there along with a hook-a-duck stall.
The MJMT charity was set up in memory of the Grange mum-of-two who was killed in an accident on the A590 in November 2009.
First published at 16:04, Tuesday, 28 August 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Grange news
- South Lakes housing estate plan approved
- Store owner appeals to public after £25,000 jewellery heist
- Grange man accused of grooming girl for sex
- Loved ones remembered at Cumbria service
- New Grange estate proposal branded ‘vandalism of a public view’
- Cumbria sex offender pensioner due in court today charged with loitering near children's play area
- Cumbria fly-tipper admits dumping his old sofa
- High winds close outdoor exhibition in South Cumbria
- Cartmel Races - Betfair Barbecue Day 2014
- Cartmel Races - Totepool Cumbria Crystal Hurdle Day 2014
- Two race horses perish at Cartmel races in South Cumbria (16 comments)
- Consultation begins on £1.4m South Cumbria homes proposal (1 comment)
- Cartmel Vintage Race Night
- Barrow bakery has recipe for success
- Car stolen in South Cumbria
- Barrow and Grange venues for summer street gallery exhibition
- Cumbria chef Simon Rogan wins another accolade
- Concerns over application for 68 new homes in Cumbria town
- Grange care home residents given month to leave (2 comments)
- Police appeal after Cumbria collision between car and pedestrian
- Work on multi-million housing development in South Cumbria under way
- Cumbria women invited to Dalton, Grange and Ambleside events to "change their lives"
- Look for elusive bird in Cumbria
- Supporters prepare South Cumbria lido Lottery cash bid (1 comment)
- Social media crimes in Cumbria on the increase
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012