CARTMEL Races are the highlight of the social calendar for Grange and Cartmel. No course in Britain can match it for scenic splendour. And, with trainers and jockeys from across the region converging, there's always some great horse tracing to be had as well. CLICK THE HEADLINE FOR A SERIES OF CARTMEL RACES PICTURES
CARTMEL Valley Baseball Club lifted the National Youth Baseball under-13s title in September after a thrilling weekend on their home field.
Grange-over-Sands Golf Club is going from strength to strength and has a national reputation. Membership is now open, and at present the club doesn't have a joining fee This Dr. Alistair MacKenzie designed course has recently be extended to 6065yards and has had extensive drainage work carried out. Click for full article.
Burrows hits brace to send Cartmel through
Last updated at 14:28, Tuesday, 14 October 2008
CARTMEL booked their place in the third round of the Adam and Gaskell Senior Challenge Cup with a fine 2-0 home win over Galgate.
NORTH LANCS LEAGUE
Swarthmoor SC went out of the same competition at the second hurdle after an agonising extra-time defeat at Highgrove.
The game ended 2-2 after 90 minutes, both Swarthmoor’s goals coming from Graham Wilcox. Highgrove scored the decisive winning goal in extra-time.
In round one action, Grange won 3-2 at Torrisholme, thanks to goals from Steve Grundy, Dave Spendlove and Michael Purves.
Grange will play local rivals Allithwaite Rangers in round two.
Other results: Division One: Boys Club 2 Cartmel reserves 2. Division Two: Swarthmoor reserves 2 Bolton-Le-Sands 5. Division Three: Allithwaite Rangers 3 Halton Rangers reserves 6, Grange reserves 2 Arnside reserves 2.
First published at 12:12, Tuesday, 14 October 2008
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Grange news
- Officials take advice on range of ideas for Grange historic lido
- SLIDESHOW: Cartmel family race proves a winning formula
- South Cumbria school praised for helping children feel right at home
- SLIDESHOW: Sun shines on Cartmel racegoers as bank holiday meeting starts
- Grange woman who fraudulently claimed benefits in court (2 comments)
- Barrow, South Lakes and Copeland voters share their views
- Puddles the Cumbria otter cub travels to specialist hospital in Scotland
- Good Samaritan tells of impact of Grange drunk’s attack
- South Lakes housing estate plan approved
- Store owner appeals to public after £25,000 jewellery heist
- Grange man accused of grooming girl for sex
- Loved ones remembered at Cumbria service
- New Grange estate proposal branded ‘vandalism of a public view’
- Cumbria sex offender pensioner due in court today charged with loitering near children's play area
- Cumbria fly-tipper admits dumping his old sofa
- High winds close outdoor exhibition in South Cumbria
- Cartmel Races - Betfair Barbecue Day 2014
- Cartmel Races - Totepool Cumbria Crystal Hurdle Day 2014
- Two race horses perish at Cartmel races in South Cumbria (16 comments)
- Consultation begins on £1.4m South Cumbria homes proposal (1 comment)
- Cartmel Vintage Race Night
- Barrow bakery has recipe for success
- Car stolen in South Cumbria
- Barrow and Grange venues for summer street gallery exhibition
- Cumbria chef Simon Rogan wins another accolade
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
- Dalton firm takes on the fashion markets
- Thomas the Tank Engine’s 65th anniversary
- Barrow's Hairy Biker married
- Barrow man admits burglary at house on his street
- Roy Hodgson commands our respect and support (1 comment)
- Motor salesman jailed for stealing thousands from bosses
- ‘It’s only a spliff’, Barrow court told
- Laurie submerged in Lake District’s beauty
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22