CARTMEL Races are the highlight of the social calendar for Grange and Cartmel. No course in Britain can match it for scenic splendour. And, with trainers and jockeys from across the region converging, there's always some great horse tracing to be had as well. CLICK THE HEADLINE FOR A SERIES OF CARTMEL RACES PICTURES
CARTMEL Valley Baseball Club lifted the National Youth Baseball under-13s title in September after a thrilling weekend on their home field.
Grange-over-Sands Golf Club is going from strength to strength and has a national reputation. Membership is now open, and at present the club doesn't have a joining fee This Dr. Alistair MacKenzie designed course has recently be extended to 6065yards and has had extensive drainage work carried out. Click for full article.
Burrows hits brace to send Cartmel through
Last updated at 14:28, Tuesday, 14 October 2008
CARTMEL booked their place in the third round of the Adam and Gaskell Senior Challenge Cup with a fine 2-0 home win over Galgate.
NORTH LANCS LEAGUE
Swarthmoor SC went out of the same competition at the second hurdle after an agonising extra-time defeat at Highgrove.
The game ended 2-2 after 90 minutes, both Swarthmoor’s goals coming from Graham Wilcox. Highgrove scored the decisive winning goal in extra-time.
In round one action, Grange won 3-2 at Torrisholme, thanks to goals from Steve Grundy, Dave Spendlove and Michael Purves.
Grange will play local rivals Allithwaite Rangers in round two.
Other results: Division One: Boys Club 2 Cartmel reserves 2. Division Two: Swarthmoor reserves 2 Bolton-Le-Sands 5. Division Three: Allithwaite Rangers 3 Halton Rangers reserves 6, Grange reserves 2 Arnside reserves 2.
First published at 12:12, Tuesday, 14 October 2008
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Grange news
- 40 new affordable homes in South Cumbria (3 comments)
- Supermarket chain wants to open new express store in Grange
- Living wage move will give Grange workers pay rise
- More than 150 volunteers take on Grange green clean
- Grange man, 79, to stand trial for racially aggravated assault in Cumbria
- Car crash in Grange today (1 comment)
- Infrastructure expert attacks Grange houses proposal (4 comments)
- South Cumbria restaurant voted best in UK (4 comments)
- Action group could combat Grange flooding
- Grange man put on sex offenders register for fondling teenage girl
- Cumbria chef ranked third in national contest
- Design-a-Christmas card competition launched by MP
- South Cumbria business running road safety competition
- Pensioner taken to hospital after crash in South Cumbria
- Residents back preservation bid for landmark in South Cumbria
- Cumbria twins take to the screen in Downton Abbey
- Retail firm plans to open new Grange supermarket in summer 2016
- Pedestrian blasts driver who didn’t stop after hitting her in Grange
- Three women sexually assaulted at Cartmel race meeting in Cumbria
- Police investigating road rage on A590 in Cumbria
- South Lakes supermarket firm running out of time to build Grange store
- ‘Perfect conditions’ as 7,000 visitors head for Cartmel showground
- Horse rider airlifted to hospital after fall in Cumbria (2 comments)
- Man dies after falling through barn roof in Cumbria
- Thieves targeting rural areas cost North West £3.9m
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Family Notices
- Competition rules
- Advertise with us
- Reader Travel
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans