CARTMEL Races are the highlight of the social calendar for Grange and Cartmel. No course in Britain can match it for scenic splendour. And, with trainers and jockeys from across the region converging, there's always some great horse tracing to be had as well. CLICK THE HEADLINE FOR A SERIES OF CARTMEL RACES PICTURES
CARTMEL Valley Baseball Club lifted the National Youth Baseball under-13s title in September after a thrilling weekend on their home field.
Grange-over-Sands Golf Club is going from strength to strength and has a national reputation. Membership is now open, and at present the club doesn't have a joining fee This Dr. Alistair MacKenzie designed course has recently be extended to 6065yards and has had extensive drainage work carried out. Click for full article.
Burrows hits brace to send Cartmel through
Last updated at 14:28, Tuesday, 14 October 2008
CARTMEL booked their place in the third round of the Adam and Gaskell Senior Challenge Cup with a fine 2-0 home win over Galgate.
NORTH LANCS LEAGUE
Swarthmoor SC went out of the same competition at the second hurdle after an agonising extra-time defeat at Highgrove.
The game ended 2-2 after 90 minutes, both Swarthmoor’s goals coming from Graham Wilcox. Highgrove scored the decisive winning goal in extra-time.
In round one action, Grange won 3-2 at Torrisholme, thanks to goals from Steve Grundy, Dave Spendlove and Michael Purves.
Grange will play local rivals Allithwaite Rangers in round two.
Other results: Division One: Boys Club 2 Cartmel reserves 2. Division Two: Swarthmoor reserves 2 Bolton-Le-Sands 5. Division Three: Allithwaite Rangers 3 Halton Rangers reserves 6, Grange reserves 2 Arnside reserves 2.
First published at 12:12, Tuesday, 14 October 2008
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Grange news
- New Grange estate proposal branded ‘vandalism of a public view’
- Cumbria sex offender pensioner due in court today charged with loitering near children's play area
- Cumbria fly-tipper admits dumping his old sofa
- High winds close outdoor exhibition in South Cumbria
- Cartmel Races - Betfair Barbecue Day 2014
- Cartmel Races - Totepool Cumbria Crystal Hurdle Day 2014
- Two race horses perish at Cartmel races in South Cumbria (16 comments)
- Consultation begins on £1.4m South Cumbria homes proposal (1 comment)
- Cartmel Vintage Race Night
- Barrow bakery has recipe for success
- Car stolen in South Cumbria
- Barrow and Grange venues for summer street gallery exhibition
- Cumbria chef Simon Rogan wins another accolade
- Concerns over application for 68 new homes in Cumbria town
- Grange care home residents given month to leave (2 comments)
- Police appeal after Cumbria collision between car and pedestrian
- Work on multi-million housing development in South Cumbria under way
- Cumbria women invited to Dalton, Grange and Ambleside events to "change their lives"
- Look for elusive bird in Cumbria
- Supporters prepare South Cumbria lido Lottery cash bid (1 comment)
- Social media crimes in Cumbria on the increase
- Bizarre theft of Slimming World banner in Cumbria
- Cumbria businesswoman helps brave servicemen and women unwind
- UPDATE 2pm: 70 properties in Cumbria still without power
- Search is on to find a poster girl to be the face of Grange Lido campaign
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
Post 16 education
Go green 36
The Barber's Shop
Choosing a primary school