South Lakes restaurant gets AA cooking award
Published at 09:06, Tuesday, 15 January 2013
A PRESTIGIOUS award recognising culinary excellence has been given to a Cartmel restaurant – the only one in Cumbria to receive one.
Rogan and Co, in The Square, was one of only four restaurants in the north of England to be given a three AA rosette today, joining the Freemasons Country Inn, in Lancashire, Wynyard Hall, in County Durham and 1851 Restaurant, in Cheshire.
Just one restaurant was awarded a four AA rosette – 21212 in Edinburgh.
The AA rosette scheme is independent from the establishments and recognises cooking at different levels nationwide.
AA hotel services manager Simon Numphud said: “We are delighted to award four rosettes to 21212 as well as being able to recognise 13 new establishments with the achievement of three AA Rosettes. All have demonstrated a high level of consistency and accuracy in the overall cooking standards that our inspection team have experienced.
“Restaurants serving food of a three Rosette standard are worthy of recognition from well beyond their local area and I am delighted that these very deserving restaurants have been acknowledged for their efforts.”
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
More Grange news
- Officials take advice on range of ideas for Grange historic lido
- SLIDESHOW: Cartmel family race proves a winning formula
- South Cumbria school praised for helping children feel right at home
- SLIDESHOW: Sun shines on Cartmel racegoers as bank holiday meeting starts
- Grange woman who fraudulently claimed benefits in court (2 comments)
- Barrow, South Lakes and Copeland voters share their views
- Puddles the Cumbria otter cub travels to specialist hospital in Scotland
- Good Samaritan tells of impact of Grange drunk’s attack
- South Lakes housing estate plan approved
- Store owner appeals to public after £25,000 jewellery heist
- Grange man accused of grooming girl for sex
- Loved ones remembered at Cumbria service
- New Grange estate proposal branded ‘vandalism of a public view’
- Cumbria sex offender pensioner due in court today charged with loitering near children's play area
- Cumbria fly-tipper admits dumping his old sofa
- High winds close outdoor exhibition in South Cumbria
- Cartmel Races - Betfair Barbecue Day 2014
- Cartmel Races - Totepool Cumbria Crystal Hurdle Day 2014
- Two race horses perish at Cartmel races in South Cumbria (16 comments)
- Consultation begins on £1.4m South Cumbria homes proposal (1 comment)
- Cartmel Vintage Race Night
- Barrow bakery has recipe for success
- Car stolen in South Cumbria
- Barrow and Grange venues for summer street gallery exhibition
- Cumbria chef Simon Rogan wins another accolade
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
- GP warns Barrow children may not live as long as their parents (6 comments)
- Barrow man with axe jailed
- Shoplifter, 23, fined
- Three charged with false imprisonment and possession of fake firearm
- Court round-up
- News round-up
- Pupils plant seeds of expectation
- Ex-pupils return to school to raise apprenticeship profile
- Man pleads not guilty to assault
- Denby confident lido listed status can be overturned (7 comments)
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22