South Lakes restaurant gets AA cooking award
Published at 09:06, Tuesday, 15 January 2013
A PRESTIGIOUS award recognising culinary excellence has been given to a Cartmel restaurant – the only one in Cumbria to receive one.
Rogan and Co, in The Square, was one of only four restaurants in the north of England to be given a three AA rosette today, joining the Freemasons Country Inn, in Lancashire, Wynyard Hall, in County Durham and 1851 Restaurant, in Cheshire.
Just one restaurant was awarded a four AA rosette – 21212 in Edinburgh.
The AA rosette scheme is independent from the establishments and recognises cooking at different levels nationwide.
AA hotel services manager Simon Numphud said: “We are delighted to award four rosettes to 21212 as well as being able to recognise 13 new establishments with the achievement of three AA Rosettes. All have demonstrated a high level of consistency and accuracy in the overall cooking standards that our inspection team have experienced.
“Restaurants serving food of a three Rosette standard are worthy of recognition from well beyond their local area and I am delighted that these very deserving restaurants have been acknowledged for their efforts.”
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
More Grange news
- Cumbria sex offender pensioner due in court today charged with loitering near children's play area
- Cumbria fly-tipper admits dumping his old sofa
- High winds close outdoor exhibition in South Cumbria
- Cartmel Races - Betfair Barbecue Day 2014
- Cartmel Races - Totepool Cumbria Crystal Hurdle Day 2014
- Two race horses perish at Cartmel races in South Cumbria (16 comments)
- Consultation begins on £1.4m South Cumbria homes proposal (1 comment)
- Cartmel Vintage Race Night
- Barrow bakery has recipe for success
- Car stolen in South Cumbria
- Barrow and Grange venues for summer street gallery exhibition
- Cumbria chef Simon Rogan wins another accolade
- Concerns over application for 68 new homes in Cumbria town
- Grange care home residents given month to leave (2 comments)
- Police appeal after Cumbria collision between car and pedestrian
- Work on multi-million housing development in South Cumbria under way
- Cumbria women invited to Dalton, Grange and Ambleside events to "change their lives"
- Look for elusive bird in Cumbria
- Supporters prepare South Cumbria lido Lottery cash bid (1 comment)
- Social media crimes in Cumbria on the increase
- Bizarre theft of Slimming World banner in Cumbria
- Cumbria businesswoman helps brave servicemen and women unwind
- UPDATE 2pm: 70 properties in Cumbria still without power
- Search is on to find a poster girl to be the face of Grange Lido campaign
- Heavy rain set to hit Cumbria today
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
- Man escapes from car after driving off pier
- South Cumbria family wins lottery (6 comments)
- Club hits out at foul play
- Police investigating road rage on A590 in Cumbria
- Drought - An urgent appeal (1 comment)
- Praise for Beatrix Potter inspired garden
- Stowaway threatens to wreck World Cup dream
- South Cumbria residents recall tales of woe caused by dog muck
- Union: ‘We will not back down’
- Bluebirds midfielder hopes to put frustration behind him
Go green 36
The Barber's Shop
Choosing a primary school
Kendall Brothers Ltd