Shamed F1 boss Mosley should quit
Published at 11:44, Wednesday, 30 April 2008
HOW much longer can scandal-hit Max Mosley continue clinging to power before he finally faces up to the damage he is doing to motor racing?
The sport’s beleaguered boss has come across as arrogant beyond belief after refusing to go quietly following lurid Sunday newspaper allegations about his private life.
He should have done the decent things as soon as he was allegedly caught with his pants down for the good of the sport’s image.
Instead, he has heaped embarrassment on F1 by being barred from attending the Bahrain Grand Prix by the royal family.
The Israeli government also withdrew an invitation to him to visit the country just 24 hours after it was issued. He is a one-man public relations disaster and his position is now untenable.
Not only that, the clamour for him to resign means his continued presence could have devastating commercial consequences for motor racing.
On Sunday, team principals, along with F1 chief Bernie Ecclestone, gathered in a motorhome ahead of the Spanish Grand Prix to sign a letter calling for Mosley to quit.
He now faces a vote of confidence on his future in Paris on June 3. Let’s hope it ends in him being ousted.
Published by http://old.newsandstar.co.uk
More Grange news
- Officials take advice on range of ideas for Grange historic lido
- SLIDESHOW: Cartmel family race proves a winning formula
- South Cumbria school praised for helping children feel right at home
- SLIDESHOW: Sun shines on Cartmel racegoers as bank holiday meeting starts
- Grange woman who fraudulently claimed benefits in court (2 comments)
- Barrow, South Lakes and Copeland voters share their views
- Puddles the Cumbria otter cub travels to specialist hospital in Scotland
- Good Samaritan tells of impact of Grange drunk’s attack
- South Lakes housing estate plan approved
- Store owner appeals to public after £25,000 jewellery heist
- Grange man accused of grooming girl for sex
- Loved ones remembered at Cumbria service
- New Grange estate proposal branded ‘vandalism of a public view’
- Cumbria sex offender pensioner due in court today charged with loitering near children's play area
- Cumbria fly-tipper admits dumping his old sofa
- High winds close outdoor exhibition in South Cumbria
- Cartmel Races - Betfair Barbecue Day 2014
- Cartmel Races - Totepool Cumbria Crystal Hurdle Day 2014
- Two race horses perish at Cartmel races in South Cumbria (16 comments)
- Consultation begins on £1.4m South Cumbria homes proposal (1 comment)
- Cartmel Vintage Race Night
- Barrow bakery has recipe for success
- Car stolen in South Cumbria
- Barrow and Grange venues for summer street gallery exhibition
- Cumbria chef Simon Rogan wins another accolade
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
- Dalton serial pest is told to stay away from his victims
- Jolan pitches into The Voice (1 comment)
- Urgent appeal for children of Sudan
- UVHS has high ambitions
- Dalton man in court for stealing from charity shop
- How a Dearham school boy became a top selling auctioneer
- Cartmel races
- Wendy’s work is award-winning
- Tributes paid to talented Grange crystal engraver Patrick
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22