Scrap handler sentenced to year in jail
Published at 15:59, Monday, 05 March 2012
A SCRAP handler who sold copper stolen from a pumping station has been jailed for 12 months.
Michael Storey, of Barque Street, Barrow, was sentenced at Barrow Crown Court on Monday.
The 30-year-old admitted handling 155kg of copper.
A total of 310kg of metal was stolen from the United Utilities Frederick Street storm pumping station by unknown persons on April 5 last year.
It has cost the water company £173,500 to sort out the problem.
For the full story, see tomorrow's Evening Mail.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Grange news
- Officials take advice on range of ideas for Grange historic lido
- SLIDESHOW: Cartmel family race proves a winning formula
- South Cumbria school praised for helping children feel right at home
- SLIDESHOW: Sun shines on Cartmel racegoers as bank holiday meeting starts
- Grange woman who fraudulently claimed benefits in court (2 comments)
- Barrow, South Lakes and Copeland voters share their views
- Puddles the Cumbria otter cub travels to specialist hospital in Scotland
- Good Samaritan tells of impact of Grange drunk’s attack
- South Lakes housing estate plan approved
- Store owner appeals to public after £25,000 jewellery heist
- Grange man accused of grooming girl for sex
- Loved ones remembered at Cumbria service
- New Grange estate proposal branded ‘vandalism of a public view’
- Cumbria sex offender pensioner due in court today charged with loitering near children's play area
- Cumbria fly-tipper admits dumping his old sofa
- High winds close outdoor exhibition in South Cumbria
- Cartmel Races - Betfair Barbecue Day 2014
- Cartmel Races - Totepool Cumbria Crystal Hurdle Day 2014
- Two race horses perish at Cartmel races in South Cumbria (16 comments)
- Consultation begins on £1.4m South Cumbria homes proposal (1 comment)
- Cartmel Vintage Race Night
- Barrow bakery has recipe for success
- Car stolen in South Cumbria
- Barrow and Grange venues for summer street gallery exhibition
- Cumbria chef Simon Rogan wins another accolade
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
- People urged to say what they think about nuclear dump (3 comments)
- Carlo Pieri
- Children out of control?
- Elaine, lady of the lake
- Make a Noisette for Cumbrian scran!
- CUP RUNNETH OVER
- Sex-with-son mum sells story to paper
- BIG Smash a hit for South Cumbria bowls
- Head Jill nominated
- Last fights on the cards for Barrow boxers
- Bonny Lass completes the double for Wilsons
- Millers' tales
- Ofsted inspector ‘speechless’ at Cumwhinton school progress
- Fond times spent at and on Carlisle's Hammond's Pond
- Former Haven skipper Jeff’s pride in chocolate, blue and gold
- Ireleth mum calls for tighter controls on distribution of methadone
- Cumbria Chief Constable inquiry: 'It will take as long as it takes', says watchdog chief
- North Cumbrian mum caught drink driving on 'school run'
- SPORTS MEMORIES: Swim star Shaun’s a world beater
- Head Jill nominated
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22