It's all gone a little bit wrong.
For two and a half weeks I couldn't get to the gym and it's started to show.
It didn't help that for one of those weeks I was away stewarding at Keswick Convention where all my meals were provided.
Don't get me wrong, it wasn't poor food (in fact, the meat was particularly good quality) but it... [more]
Published: August 7, 2012
Well it looks like I need two slaps on the wrist.
Firstly, I've been very bad at updating this blog.
It's not that I haven't done any exercise since mid June, honest.
That said, I seem to have let things slip a little in recent days.
It turns out that you don't magically keep your fitness if you don't work out for a while.... [more]
Published: July 18, 2012
I got a new toy yesterday - a 5kg medicine ball.
For those who've never come across one, it's about the same size and texture as a basketball but it's weighted to help with things like abs toning.
I decided to get it after finding a stomach-training workout in the latest edition of my fitness magazine, which landed on the doormat... [more]
Published: June 17, 2012
Ahhhhhhhhh. That's better.
I've just got back from my first visit to the gym in a week.
It wasn't too bad but I think my walk might resemble a wobbling jelly for the next couple of days while my legs recover.
My arms are suffering in a similar way.
It wasn't really my fault I didn't exercise for a week.
Last Thursday I... [more]
Published: June 6, 2012
Is anyone else finding it hard to muster the energy for exercise in this hot weather?
I certainly am.
To be honest I feel like I've been a bit lazy for a couple of weeks now.
Tonight I've been out for my first jog in what seems like ages.
I haven't been slacking off completely, you understand.
I've been quite good... [more]
Published: May 29, 2012
More Grange news
- Cumbria sex offender pensioner due in court today charged with loitering near children's play area
- Cumbria fly-tipper admits dumping his old sofa
- High winds close outdoor exhibition in South Cumbria
- Cartmel Races - Betfair Barbecue Day 2014
- Cartmel Races - Totepool Cumbria Crystal Hurdle Day 2014
- Two race horses perish at Cartmel races in South Cumbria (16 comments)
- Consultation begins on £1.4m South Cumbria homes proposal (1 comment)
- Cartmel Vintage Race Night
- Barrow bakery has recipe for success
- Car stolen in South Cumbria
- Barrow and Grange venues for summer street gallery exhibition
- Cumbria chef Simon Rogan wins another accolade
- Concerns over application for 68 new homes in Cumbria town
- Grange care home residents given month to leave (2 comments)
- Police appeal after Cumbria collision between car and pedestrian
- Work on multi-million housing development in South Cumbria under way
- Cumbria women invited to Dalton, Grange and Ambleside events to "change their lives"
- Look for elusive bird in Cumbria
- Supporters prepare South Cumbria lido Lottery cash bid (1 comment)
- Social media crimes in Cumbria on the increase
- Bizarre theft of Slimming World banner in Cumbria
- Cumbria businesswoman helps brave servicemen and women unwind
- UPDATE 2pm: 70 properties in Cumbria still without power
- Search is on to find a poster girl to be the face of Grange Lido campaign
- Heavy rain set to hit Cumbria today
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
WCF pet and equestrian
Choosing a pre school
Come and join us 5
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33