It's all gone a little bit wrong.
For two and a half weeks I couldn't get to the gym and it's started to show.
It didn't help that for one of those weeks I was away stewarding at Keswick Convention where all my meals were provided.
Don't get me wrong, it wasn't poor food (in fact, the meat was particularly good quality) but it... [more]
Published: August 7, 2012
Well it looks like I need two slaps on the wrist.
Firstly, I've been very bad at updating this blog.
It's not that I haven't done any exercise since mid June, honest.
That said, I seem to have let things slip a little in recent days.
It turns out that you don't magically keep your fitness if you don't work out for a while.... [more]
Published: July 18, 2012
I got a new toy yesterday - a 5kg medicine ball.
For those who've never come across one, it's about the same size and texture as a basketball but it's weighted to help with things like abs toning.
I decided to get it after finding a stomach-training workout in the latest edition of my fitness magazine, which landed on the doormat... [more]
Published: June 17, 2012
Ahhhhhhhhh. That's better.
I've just got back from my first visit to the gym in a week.
It wasn't too bad but I think my walk might resemble a wobbling jelly for the next couple of days while my legs recover.
My arms are suffering in a similar way.
It wasn't really my fault I didn't exercise for a week.
Last Thursday I... [more]
Published: June 6, 2012
Is anyone else finding it hard to muster the energy for exercise in this hot weather?
I certainly am.
To be honest I feel like I've been a bit lazy for a couple of weeks now.
Tonight I've been out for my first jog in what seems like ages.
I haven't been slacking off completely, you understand.
I've been quite good... [more]
Published: May 29, 2012
More Grange news
- Good Samaritan tells of impact of Grange drunk’s attack
- South Lakes housing estate plan approved
- Store owner appeals to public after £25,000 jewellery heist
- Grange man accused of grooming girl for sex
- Loved ones remembered at Cumbria service
- New Grange estate proposal branded ‘vandalism of a public view’
- Cumbria sex offender pensioner due in court today charged with loitering near children's play area
- Cumbria fly-tipper admits dumping his old sofa
- High winds close outdoor exhibition in South Cumbria
- Cartmel Races - Betfair Barbecue Day 2014
- Cartmel Races - Totepool Cumbria Crystal Hurdle Day 2014
- Two race horses perish at Cartmel races in South Cumbria (16 comments)
- Consultation begins on £1.4m South Cumbria homes proposal (1 comment)
- Cartmel Vintage Race Night
- Barrow bakery has recipe for success
- Car stolen in South Cumbria
- Barrow and Grange venues for summer street gallery exhibition
- Cumbria chef Simon Rogan wins another accolade
- Concerns over application for 68 new homes in Cumbria town
- Grange care home residents given month to leave (2 comments)
- Police appeal after Cumbria collision between car and pedestrian
- Work on multi-million housing development in South Cumbria under way
- Cumbria women invited to Dalton, Grange and Ambleside events to "change their lives"
- Look for elusive bird in Cumbria
- Supporters prepare South Cumbria lido Lottery cash bid (1 comment)
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school