It's all gone a little bit wrong.
For two and a half weeks I couldn't get to the gym and it's started to show.
It didn't help that for one of those weeks I was away stewarding at Keswick Convention where all my meals were provided.
Don't get me wrong, it wasn't poor food (in fact, the meat was particularly good quality) but it... [more]
Published: August 7, 2012
Well it looks like I need two slaps on the wrist.
Firstly, I've been very bad at updating this blog.
It's not that I haven't done any exercise since mid June, honest.
That said, I seem to have let things slip a little in recent days.
It turns out that you don't magically keep your fitness if you don't work out for a while.... [more]
Published: July 18, 2012
I got a new toy yesterday - a 5kg medicine ball.
For those who've never come across one, it's about the same size and texture as a basketball but it's weighted to help with things like abs toning.
I decided to get it after finding a stomach-training workout in the latest edition of my fitness magazine, which landed on the doormat... [more]
Published: June 17, 2012
Ahhhhhhhhh. That's better.
I've just got back from my first visit to the gym in a week.
It wasn't too bad but I think my walk might resemble a wobbling jelly for the next couple of days while my legs recover.
My arms are suffering in a similar way.
It wasn't really my fault I didn't exercise for a week.
Last Thursday I... [more]
Published: June 6, 2012
Is anyone else finding it hard to muster the energy for exercise in this hot weather?
I certainly am.
To be honest I feel like I've been a bit lazy for a couple of weeks now.
Tonight I've been out for my first jog in what seems like ages.
I haven't been slacking off completely, you understand.
I've been quite good... [more]
Published: May 29, 2012
More Grange news
- Look for elusive bird in Cumbria
- Supporters prepare South Cumbria lido Lottery cash bid (1 comment)
- Social media crimes in Cumbria on the increase
- Bizarre theft of Slimming World banner in Cumbria
- Cumbria businesswoman helps brave servicemen and women unwind
- UPDATE 2pm: 70 properties in Cumbria still without power
- Search is on to find a poster girl to be the face of Grange Lido campaign
- Heavy rain set to hit Cumbria today
- Icy conditions cause string of accidents in Ulverston and South Cumbria
- Bid to close ‘high risk’ Grange rail crossing
- Crowds flock to Grange Christmas lights switch-on
- 40 new affordable homes in South Cumbria (3 comments)
- Supermarket chain wants to open new express store in Grange (7 comments)
- Living wage move will give Grange workers pay rise
- More than 150 volunteers take on Grange green clean
- Grange man, 79, to stand trial for racially aggravated assault in Cumbria
- Car crash in Grange today (1 comment)
- Infrastructure expert attacks Grange houses proposal (4 comments)
- South Cumbria restaurant voted best in UK (4 comments)
- Action group could combat Grange flooding
- Grange man put on sex offenders register for fondling teenage girl
- Cumbria chef ranked third in national contest
- Design-a-Christmas card competition launched by MP
- South Cumbria business running road safety competition
- Pensioner taken to hospital after crash in South Cumbria
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans