It's all gone a little bit wrong.
For two and a half weeks I couldn't get to the gym and it's started to show.
It didn't help that for one of those weeks I was away stewarding at Keswick Convention where all my meals were provided.
Don't get me wrong, it wasn't poor food (in fact, the meat was particularly good quality) but it... [more]
Published: August 7, 2012
Well it looks like I need two slaps on the wrist.
Firstly, I've been very bad at updating this blog.
It's not that I haven't done any exercise since mid June, honest.
That said, I seem to have let things slip a little in recent days.
It turns out that you don't magically keep your fitness if you don't work out for a while.... [more]
Published: July 18, 2012
I got a new toy yesterday - a 5kg medicine ball.
For those who've never come across one, it's about the same size and texture as a basketball but it's weighted to help with things like abs toning.
I decided to get it after finding a stomach-training workout in the latest edition of my fitness magazine, which landed on the doormat... [more]
Published: June 17, 2012
Ahhhhhhhhh. That's better.
I've just got back from my first visit to the gym in a week.
It wasn't too bad but I think my walk might resemble a wobbling jelly for the next couple of days while my legs recover.
My arms are suffering in a similar way.
It wasn't really my fault I didn't exercise for a week.
Last Thursday I... [more]
Published: June 6, 2012
Is anyone else finding it hard to muster the energy for exercise in this hot weather?
I certainly am.
To be honest I feel like I've been a bit lazy for a couple of weeks now.
Tonight I've been out for my first jog in what seems like ages.
I haven't been slacking off completely, you understand.
I've been quite good... [more]
Published: May 29, 2012
More Grange news
- Officials take advice on range of ideas for Grange historic lido
- SLIDESHOW: Cartmel family race proves a winning formula
- South Cumbria school praised for helping children feel right at home
- SLIDESHOW: Sun shines on Cartmel racegoers as bank holiday meeting starts
- Grange woman who fraudulently claimed benefits in court (2 comments)
- Barrow, South Lakes and Copeland voters share their views
- Puddles the Cumbria otter cub travels to specialist hospital in Scotland
- Good Samaritan tells of impact of Grange drunk’s attack
- South Lakes housing estate plan approved
- Store owner appeals to public after £25,000 jewellery heist
- Grange man accused of grooming girl for sex
- Loved ones remembered at Cumbria service
- New Grange estate proposal branded ‘vandalism of a public view’
- Cumbria sex offender pensioner due in court today charged with loitering near children's play area
- Cumbria fly-tipper admits dumping his old sofa
- High winds close outdoor exhibition in South Cumbria
- Cartmel Races - Betfair Barbecue Day 2014
- Cartmel Races - Totepool Cumbria Crystal Hurdle Day 2014
- Two race horses perish at Cartmel races in South Cumbria (16 comments)
- Consultation begins on £1.4m South Cumbria homes proposal (1 comment)
- Cartmel Vintage Race Night
- Barrow bakery has recipe for success
- Car stolen in South Cumbria
- Barrow and Grange venues for summer street gallery exhibition
- Cumbria chef Simon Rogan wins another accolade
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
- Great days at town’s lost shops and pubs
- News round-up
- Young Windscale Squash Club stars step up to the plate for county duty
- Carlisle Utd boss desperate to smash weekend away-day hoodoo at Brighton
- Heartbreak and tears as rail-making bids farewell to Workington
- Correct result
- Josh flies high on ring debut
- Family tragedy triggered Barrow woman descent into heroin dealing
- Cartmel Races
- Let’s take the vision forward
- Barrow man accused of having a sword in public
- Valuable information for your holiday plans
- Great days at town’s lost shops and pubs
- Davina McCall completes charity challenge, just days after Windermere swim
- Missing man may be in Cumbria
- Time slips
- Cockermouth care home parties with a sing-along
- Interview with Alec Proffitt, Unison steward for Barrow (1 comment)
- Flashback: Theatre Groups
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22