RAIL LINES RE-OPEN FOLLOWING SERVICE SUSPENSION DUE TO DEATH ON RAILWAY LINE
Last updated at 11:35, Tuesday, 07 December 2010
RAIL services routed through Lancaster have resumed following severe disruption after a person was hit and killed by a train.
At around 9.45am this morning, a spokesman for Network Rail said there had been a fatality on the West Coast Mainline in the Morecambe Bay area, somewhere between Lancaster and Carnforth.
The line was shut while emergency services dealt with the incident and trains between Barrow and Lancaster were stopped at locations along the line.
Routes affected included the Furness Line from Barrow heading in the direction of Lancaster, Preston and Manchester.
A spokeswoman for Network Rail says all lines are now re-opened and services have resumed.
To find out whether this will affect your journey and to find alternative routes, call TrainTracker on 0871 200 49 50.
First published at 10:21, Tuesday, 07 December 2010
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Billy, Someone died!! Most of us have mobiles these days you can ring to see if a train is delayed or check online before you leave the house. Live departure boards would only be vandalised at unstaffed stations
I was at the station yesterday in Dalton and was very angry that there is no notice of delayed or cancelled trains.All the other stations on the route to Lancaster have a live board on the platforms. Why has Dalton not got one? I use the train regularly and we have a bigger catchment area than some so its time we had one.A few elderly people were stranded for up to 2 hours and I find this unacceptable considering the prices they charge.Are the Evening mail interested in Dalton people as they are our local paper or is it only Barrow that matters?.