Post box blown up in Grange
Published at 09:39, Sunday, 23 December 2012
AN explosion has caused damage to a Royal Mail post box near Grange.
Police are investigating after a small gas cylinder was used to blow up the postbox, in Meathop.
Police were alerted at around 10.45pm on Friday after the offender allegedly detonated the cylinder inside the post box. Police say they believe this is an isolated incident.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact PC Helmsley at Kendal police station on 101.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
More Grange news
- Cumbria sex offender pensioner due in court today charged with loitering near children's play area
- Cumbria fly-tipper admits dumping his old sofa
- High winds close outdoor exhibition in South Cumbria
- Cartmel Races - Betfair Barbecue Day 2014
- Cartmel Races - Totepool Cumbria Crystal Hurdle Day 2014
- Two race horses perish at Cartmel races in South Cumbria (16 comments)
- Consultation begins on £1.4m South Cumbria homes proposal (1 comment)
- Cartmel Vintage Race Night
- Barrow bakery has recipe for success
- Car stolen in South Cumbria
- Barrow and Grange venues for summer street gallery exhibition
- Cumbria chef Simon Rogan wins another accolade
- Concerns over application for 68 new homes in Cumbria town
- Grange care home residents given month to leave (2 comments)
- Police appeal after Cumbria collision between car and pedestrian
- Work on multi-million housing development in South Cumbria under way
- Cumbria women invited to Dalton, Grange and Ambleside events to "change their lives"
- Look for elusive bird in Cumbria
- Supporters prepare South Cumbria lido Lottery cash bid (1 comment)
- Social media crimes in Cumbria on the increase
- Bizarre theft of Slimming World banner in Cumbria
- Cumbria businesswoman helps brave servicemen and women unwind
- UPDATE 2pm: 70 properties in Cumbria still without power
- Search is on to find a poster girl to be the face of Grange Lido campaign
- Heavy rain set to hit Cumbria today
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
- Roads around Barrow gas explosion home to be closed for at least three weeks (16 comments)
- Residents count the cost after downpour
- Council urged to breathe new life into old town pool
- No title
- Walney's American girl Hollie is a Texas whirlwind (1 comment)
- Windermere, Bowness and Ambleside
- Pugh, what a big relief for Dalton!
- Barrow's Hairy Biker married
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
Homes and gardens