Post box blown up in Grange
Published at 09:39, Sunday, 23 December 2012
AN explosion has caused damage to a Royal Mail post box near Grange.
Police are investigating after a small gas cylinder was used to blow up the postbox, in Meathop.
Police were alerted at around 10.45pm on Friday after the offender allegedly detonated the cylinder inside the post box. Police say they believe this is an isolated incident.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact PC Helmsley at Kendal police station on 101.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
More Grange news
- Officials take advice on range of ideas for Grange historic lido
- SLIDESHOW: Cartmel family race proves a winning formula
- South Cumbria school praised for helping children feel right at home
- SLIDESHOW: Sun shines on Cartmel racegoers as bank holiday meeting starts
- Grange woman who fraudulently claimed benefits in court (2 comments)
- Barrow, South Lakes and Copeland voters share their views
- Puddles the Cumbria otter cub travels to specialist hospital in Scotland
- Good Samaritan tells of impact of Grange drunk’s attack
- South Lakes housing estate plan approved
- Store owner appeals to public after £25,000 jewellery heist
- Grange man accused of grooming girl for sex
- Loved ones remembered at Cumbria service
- New Grange estate proposal branded ‘vandalism of a public view’
- Cumbria sex offender pensioner due in court today charged with loitering near children's play area
- Cumbria fly-tipper admits dumping his old sofa
- High winds close outdoor exhibition in South Cumbria
- Cartmel Races - Betfair Barbecue Day 2014
- Cartmel Races - Totepool Cumbria Crystal Hurdle Day 2014
- Two race horses perish at Cartmel races in South Cumbria (16 comments)
- Consultation begins on £1.4m South Cumbria homes proposal (1 comment)
- Cartmel Vintage Race Night
- Barrow bakery has recipe for success
- Car stolen in South Cumbria
- Barrow and Grange venues for summer street gallery exhibition
- Cumbria chef Simon Rogan wins another accolade
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
- People urged to say what they think about nuclear dump (3 comments)
- Elaine, lady of the lake
- Head Jill nominated
- Last fights on the cards for Barrow boxers
- Children out of control?
- £14 million revamp plan for Carlisle's Sands Centre (58 comments)
- Make a Noisette for Cumbrian scran!
- CUP RUNNETH OVER
- Review: A590 Theatre Group, The King and I at The Forum, Barrow
- Bonny Lass completes the double for Wilsons
- Millers' tales
- Ofsted inspector ‘speechless’ at Cumwhinton school progress
- Fond times spent at and on Carlisle's Hammond's Pond
- Former Haven skipper Jeff’s pride in chocolate, blue and gold
- Ireleth mum calls for tighter controls on distribution of methadone
- Cumbria Chief Constable inquiry: 'It will take as long as it takes', says watchdog chief
- North Cumbrian mum caught drink driving on 'school run'
- SPORTS MEMORIES: Swim star Shaun’s a world beater
- Head Jill nominated
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22