Plucky youngster takes the plunge
Last updated at 12:04, Tuesday, 06 May 2008
A PLUCKY schoolboy has taken the plunge for charity.
Murray Murray, nine, completed a one-minute sponsored dip at Askam beach on Sunday.
Family and friends were there to cheer on Murray as he jumped into the sea at high tide.
The Askam youngster is hoping to raise around £200 for St Mary’s Hospice, in Ulverston.
The pupil of Our Lady of the Rosary Catholic Primary School, Dalton, decided to raise money for the hospice as his nana Ingrid Belder volunteers there.
His mum, Lynn Murray, said: “I think it’s really good at his age that he wanted to do something like this.”
First published at 11:56, Thursday, 17 April 2008
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Grange news
- Good Samaritan tells of impact of Grange drunk’s attack
- South Lakes housing estate plan approved
- Store owner appeals to public after £25,000 jewellery heist
- Grange man accused of grooming girl for sex
- Loved ones remembered at Cumbria service
- New Grange estate proposal branded ‘vandalism of a public view’
- Cumbria sex offender pensioner due in court today charged with loitering near children's play area
- Cumbria fly-tipper admits dumping his old sofa
- High winds close outdoor exhibition in South Cumbria
- Cartmel Races - Betfair Barbecue Day 2014
- Cartmel Races - Totepool Cumbria Crystal Hurdle Day 2014
- Two race horses perish at Cartmel races in South Cumbria (16 comments)
- Consultation begins on £1.4m South Cumbria homes proposal (1 comment)
- Cartmel Vintage Race Night
- Barrow bakery has recipe for success
- Car stolen in South Cumbria
- Barrow and Grange venues for summer street gallery exhibition
- Cumbria chef Simon Rogan wins another accolade
- Concerns over application for 68 new homes in Cumbria town
- Grange care home residents given month to leave (2 comments)
- Police appeal after Cumbria collision between car and pedestrian
- Work on multi-million housing development in South Cumbria under way
- Cumbria women invited to Dalton, Grange and Ambleside events to "change their lives"
- Look for elusive bird in Cumbria
- Supporters prepare South Cumbria lido Lottery cash bid (1 comment)
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
- Power station will bring ‘much-needed investment’ (5 comments)
- ‘It’s only a spliff’, Barrow court told
- Cumbrian riders line up to take centre stage at country’s big-name shows
- Injured storyteller Gary battles on
- The Carlisle woman who will become an Antony Gormley work of art
- Fake fags warning
- Cumbrian primary school closed for second day
- Owl centre’s long distance rescue
- Cavendish Street Closure
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life