One way suggestions
Last updated at 00:33, Tuesday, 20 May 2008
REGARDING the ongoing saga of our new one-way system, using the Ironworks Road loop twice a day, I have made the following observations.
However, there is one fundamental difference – in Lancaster drivers give each other the space to change lanes.
Some of my colleagues have given up trying to exit Peter Green Way and then transfer to the left-hand lane to head out of Barrow, because nobody will let them move over.
They now go down Duke Street and through the town.
I don’t like speed traps, but the police really do need to set one up now and then to deter the morons who think Ironworks Road is there purely for them to get out of town as fast as possible.
Secondly, at the rugby ground roundabout the right-hand lane has arrows going right to Hollywood Park or “straight on” for Walney.
However, the left-hand lane has one arrow to turn left for Tesco, but also has a “straight on” for Walney – how are two cars supposed to exit into one lane?
One can only hope that in time people settle down and things improve.
West Shore Park
First published at 11:55, Monday, 05 May 2008
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Grange news
- Look for elusive bird in Cumbria
- Supporters prepare South Cumbria lido Lottery cash bid (1 comment)
- Social media crimes in Cumbria on the increase
- Bizarre theft of Slimming World banner in Cumbria
- Cumbria businesswoman helps brave servicemen and women unwind
- UPDATE 2pm: 70 properties in Cumbria still without power
- Search is on to find a poster girl to be the face of Grange Lido campaign
- Heavy rain set to hit Cumbria today
- Icy conditions cause string of accidents in Ulverston and South Cumbria
- Bid to close ‘high risk’ Grange rail crossing
- Crowds flock to Grange Christmas lights switch-on
- 40 new affordable homes in South Cumbria (3 comments)
- Supermarket chain wants to open new express store in Grange (7 comments)
- Living wage move will give Grange workers pay rise
- More than 150 volunteers take on Grange green clean
- Grange man, 79, to stand trial for racially aggravated assault in Cumbria
- Car crash in Grange today (1 comment)
- Infrastructure expert attacks Grange houses proposal (4 comments)
- South Cumbria restaurant voted best in UK (4 comments)
- Action group could combat Grange flooding
- Grange man put on sex offenders register for fondling teenage girl
- Cumbria chef ranked third in national contest
- Design-a-Christmas card competition launched by MP
- South Cumbria business running road safety competition
- Pensioner taken to hospital after crash in South Cumbria
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans