One way suggestions
Last updated at 00:33, Tuesday, 20 May 2008
REGARDING the ongoing saga of our new one-way system, using the Ironworks Road loop twice a day, I have made the following observations.
However, there is one fundamental difference – in Lancaster drivers give each other the space to change lanes.
Some of my colleagues have given up trying to exit Peter Green Way and then transfer to the left-hand lane to head out of Barrow, because nobody will let them move over.
They now go down Duke Street and through the town.
I don’t like speed traps, but the police really do need to set one up now and then to deter the morons who think Ironworks Road is there purely for them to get out of town as fast as possible.
Secondly, at the rugby ground roundabout the right-hand lane has arrows going right to Hollywood Park or “straight on” for Walney.
However, the left-hand lane has one arrow to turn left for Tesco, but also has a “straight on” for Walney – how are two cars supposed to exit into one lane?
One can only hope that in time people settle down and things improve.
West Shore Park
First published at 11:55, Monday, 05 May 2008
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Grange news
- Officials take advice on range of ideas for Grange historic lido
- SLIDESHOW: Cartmel family race proves a winning formula
- South Cumbria school praised for helping children feel right at home
- SLIDESHOW: Sun shines on Cartmel racegoers as bank holiday meeting starts
- Grange woman who fraudulently claimed benefits in court (2 comments)
- Barrow, South Lakes and Copeland voters share their views
- Puddles the Cumbria otter cub travels to specialist hospital in Scotland
- Good Samaritan tells of impact of Grange drunk’s attack
- South Lakes housing estate plan approved
- Store owner appeals to public after £25,000 jewellery heist
- Grange man accused of grooming girl for sex
- Loved ones remembered at Cumbria service
- New Grange estate proposal branded ‘vandalism of a public view’
- Cumbria sex offender pensioner due in court today charged with loitering near children's play area
- Cumbria fly-tipper admits dumping his old sofa
- High winds close outdoor exhibition in South Cumbria
- Cartmel Races - Betfair Barbecue Day 2014
- Cartmel Races - Totepool Cumbria Crystal Hurdle Day 2014
- Two race horses perish at Cartmel races in South Cumbria (16 comments)
- Consultation begins on £1.4m South Cumbria homes proposal (1 comment)
- Cartmel Vintage Race Night
- Barrow bakery has recipe for success
- Car stolen in South Cumbria
- Barrow and Grange venues for summer street gallery exhibition
- Cumbria chef Simon Rogan wins another accolade
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
- Work, rest and play
- Walker firmly a Bluebird
- Millom brothers cleared of neglecting mother (1 comment)
- Brass band on Power trip
- New footpaths for Grange and Hawkshead
- Well Done Girls on Your Badgework
- A&E staffing levels 'dangerous'
- Village tree torn down
- Camilla will be queen (43 comments)
- Queues at Barrow roadworks
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22