Published at 13:36, Tuesday, 03 July 2012
A SOUTH Lakes chef and brewery teamed up to cook up a storm for a good cause at a world-famous food fair.
L’Enclume’s Michelin starred chef/proprietor Simon Rogan, of Cartmel, helped raise more than £10,000 for Action Against Hunger as part of its Lovefoodgivefood campaign at a special pop-up restaurant at the Taste of London festival.
And he took a little bit of the taste of the South Lakes with him by matching Sir William Marshal’s Crusader Gold ale, donated by Unsworth’s Yard Brewery of Cartmel, to his starter of warm salad of lettuce and broad beans, smoked curds and pork crackling.
Action Against Hunger is a global humanitarian organisation committed to ending world hunger, which works to save the lives of malnourished children while providing communities with access to safe water and sustainable solutions to hunger.
WEST Cumbria Tourism is set to roll out a new training course to create ambassadors in the Western Lake District tourism industry.
The first course will be held at Silloth Golf Club, on July 18 between 10.30am to 3.30pm and is open to anyone who wants to be an ambassador for where they live.
The course is designed to provide a building block to enhance the local tourism offer and keep people coming back.
The training course is part of the popular Welcome to Excellence series of training programmes and it is available to both individuals and organisations. It has been designed to give participants an overview of the Western Lake District area.
For more information or to book a place contact Lucy Hardy at Cumbria Tourism.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Grange news
- Cartmel Races - Betfair Barbecue Day 2014
- Cartmel Races - Totepool Cumbria Crystal Hurdle Day 2014
- Two race horses perish at Cartmel races in South Cumbria (16 comments)
- Consultation begins on £1.4m South Cumbria homes proposal
- Cartmel Vintage Race Night
- Barrow bakery has recipe for success
- Car stolen in South Cumbria
- Barrow and Grange venues for summer street gallery exhibition
- Cumbria chef Simon Rogan wins another accolade
- Concerns over application for 68 new homes in Cumbria town
- Grange care home residents given month to leave (2 comments)
- Police appeal after Cumbria collision between car and pedestrian
- Work on multi-million housing development in South Cumbria under way
- Cumbria women invited to Dalton, Grange and Ambleside events to "change their lives"
- Look for elusive bird in Cumbria
- Supporters prepare South Cumbria lido Lottery cash bid (1 comment)
- Social media crimes in Cumbria on the increase
- Bizarre theft of Slimming World banner in Cumbria
- Cumbria businesswoman helps brave servicemen and women unwind
- UPDATE 2pm: 70 properties in Cumbria still without power
- Search is on to find a poster girl to be the face of Grange Lido campaign
- Heavy rain set to hit Cumbria today
- Icy conditions cause string of accidents in Ulverston and South Cumbria
- Bid to close ‘high risk’ Grange rail crossing
- Crowds flock to Grange Christmas lights switch-on
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012