Published at 10:37, Saturday, 20 August 2011
A SILVER ‘deaths head’ ring from the 1940s of the type personally presented to long-serving German SS officers sold for £150 in the last Barrow sale by Furness Auctions.
It is thought to have been one of those produced at the end of war. Named and dated examples have sold for thousands of pounds.
A resin model of Nipper the dog which was used to promote HMV products sold for £120 while a spinning wheel made £24.
Plaster figures of a whistling boy from the 1930s made £30 each while a train set in a box which was salvaged from a skip reached £30.
A pair of early 19th century Staffordshire greyhound figures sold for £105, a modern bronze figure made £40 and a collection of glass animal figures found a buyer at £30.
A pair of bisque figures reached £60, an egg coddler with a cricket design sold for £82 and £180 was paid for a set of collectable coins.
A solitaire ring made £250 and a character jug with a Gulliver design sold for £100.
A First World War bronze memorial plaque was sold at £42, a silver cruet set for £85 and a Moorcroft vase for £210.
A vintage chaise longe sold for £125 and a nearly new suite reached £160.
An Arts and Crafts washstand and dressing table went for £150 and a Victorian bedroom suite made £310.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Grange news
- Grange woman who fraudulently claimed benefits in court (2 comments)
- Barrow, South Lakes and Copeland voters share their views
- Puddles the Cumbria otter cub travels to specialist hospital in Scotland
- Good Samaritan tells of impact of Grange drunk’s attack
- South Lakes housing estate plan approved
- Store owner appeals to public after £25,000 jewellery heist
- Grange man accused of grooming girl for sex
- Loved ones remembered at Cumbria service
- New Grange estate proposal branded ‘vandalism of a public view’
- Cumbria sex offender pensioner due in court today charged with loitering near children's play area
- Cumbria fly-tipper admits dumping his old sofa
- High winds close outdoor exhibition in South Cumbria
- Cartmel Races - Betfair Barbecue Day 2014
- Cartmel Races - Totepool Cumbria Crystal Hurdle Day 2014
- Two race horses perish at Cartmel races in South Cumbria (16 comments)
- Consultation begins on £1.4m South Cumbria homes proposal (1 comment)
- Cartmel Vintage Race Night
- Barrow bakery has recipe for success
- Car stolen in South Cumbria
- Barrow and Grange venues for summer street gallery exhibition
- Cumbria chef Simon Rogan wins another accolade
- Concerns over application for 68 new homes in Cumbria town
- Grange care home residents given month to leave (2 comments)
- Police appeal after Cumbria collision between car and pedestrian
- Work on multi-million housing development in South Cumbria under way
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012