Published at 13:17, Thursday, 30 June 2011
THE Derby in Dalton Road, Barrow, continues to support local live music with another packed programme of free gigs this weekend.
Tonight is Open Mic night at the venue, hosted by popular singer-songwriter Collie Stewart, from 8.30pm.
Tomorrow night sees a live appearance by experimental indie band Atlas. Support will come from Collie Stewart and his new band, The Roomers. It all gets underway at 8pm.
On Saturday night, the venue will be welcoming back The Volunteers, who play a mix of cool British mod rock covers from the 60s and 70s.
The band are made up of former members of punk covers band Black Star, including drummer Glenn Vincent and guitarist Chris Burke. Ex-Cobra and Gobstopper bassist Graham Cubbin helps complete the line-up, along with Adam Kendall of Freefall on lead vocals.
Live music gets underway at around 9pm and entrance for all events is free.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Grange news
- Officials take advice on range of ideas for Grange historic lido
- SLIDESHOW: Cartmel family race proves a winning formula
- South Cumbria school praised for helping children feel right at home
- SLIDESHOW: Sun shines on Cartmel racegoers as bank holiday meeting starts
- Grange woman who fraudulently claimed benefits in court (2 comments)
- Barrow, South Lakes and Copeland voters share their views
- Puddles the Cumbria otter cub travels to specialist hospital in Scotland
- Good Samaritan tells of impact of Grange drunk’s attack
- South Lakes housing estate plan approved
- Store owner appeals to public after £25,000 jewellery heist
- Grange man accused of grooming girl for sex
- Loved ones remembered at Cumbria service
- New Grange estate proposal branded ‘vandalism of a public view’
- Cumbria sex offender pensioner due in court today charged with loitering near children's play area
- Cumbria fly-tipper admits dumping his old sofa
- High winds close outdoor exhibition in South Cumbria
- Cartmel Races - Betfair Barbecue Day 2014
- Cartmel Races - Totepool Cumbria Crystal Hurdle Day 2014
- Two race horses perish at Cartmel races in South Cumbria (16 comments)
- Consultation begins on £1.4m South Cumbria homes proposal (1 comment)
- Cartmel Vintage Race Night
- Barrow bakery has recipe for success
- Car stolen in South Cumbria
- Barrow and Grange venues for summer street gallery exhibition
- Cumbria chef Simon Rogan wins another accolade
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
- Three charged with false imprisonment and possession of fake firearm
- News round-up
- Man pleads not guilty to assault
- St Cuthbert’s class of ‘56 enjoy reunion
- Stolen bikes found in Millom house search
- Flashback 5: From The Cumberland News archives
- Two arrested after Carlisle street attack
- Panto time again: Oh yes it is!
- Champ Beaton in town
- Harry joins the board
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22