Published at 13:17, Thursday, 30 June 2011
THE Derby in Dalton Road, Barrow, continues to support local live music with another packed programme of free gigs this weekend.
Tonight is Open Mic night at the venue, hosted by popular singer-songwriter Collie Stewart, from 8.30pm.
Tomorrow night sees a live appearance by experimental indie band Atlas. Support will come from Collie Stewart and his new band, The Roomers. It all gets underway at 8pm.
On Saturday night, the venue will be welcoming back The Volunteers, who play a mix of cool British mod rock covers from the 60s and 70s.
The band are made up of former members of punk covers band Black Star, including drummer Glenn Vincent and guitarist Chris Burke. Ex-Cobra and Gobstopper bassist Graham Cubbin helps complete the line-up, along with Adam Kendall of Freefall on lead vocals.
Live music gets underway at around 9pm and entrance for all events is free.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Grange news
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
- Reserve for the red squirrel
- Barrow's Hairy Biker married
- Good news on march
- Grange Disability Action Group
- Barrow dad-of-two baited dogs to attack cat and sheep (33 comments)
- Cartmel Races
- Tom's latest work gets into print
- Cumbria fly-tipper admits dumping his old sofa
- Sanderson’s double strike for Brow win
- Walney pensioner jailed for raping schoolgirl wins right to challenge sentence
Post 16 education
Go green 36