Published at 13:17, Thursday, 30 June 2011
THE Derby in Dalton Road, Barrow, continues to support local live music with another packed programme of free gigs this weekend.
Tonight is Open Mic night at the venue, hosted by popular singer-songwriter Collie Stewart, from 8.30pm.
Tomorrow night sees a live appearance by experimental indie band Atlas. Support will come from Collie Stewart and his new band, The Roomers. It all gets underway at 8pm.
On Saturday night, the venue will be welcoming back The Volunteers, who play a mix of cool British mod rock covers from the 60s and 70s.
The band are made up of former members of punk covers band Black Star, including drummer Glenn Vincent and guitarist Chris Burke. Ex-Cobra and Gobstopper bassist Graham Cubbin helps complete the line-up, along with Adam Kendall of Freefall on lead vocals.
Live music gets underway at around 9pm and entrance for all events is free.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Grange news
- Cumbria sex offender pensioner due in court today charged with loitering near children's play area
- Cumbria fly-tipper admits dumping his old sofa
- High winds close outdoor exhibition in South Cumbria
- Cartmel Races - Betfair Barbecue Day 2014
- Cartmel Races - Totepool Cumbria Crystal Hurdle Day 2014
- Two race horses perish at Cartmel races in South Cumbria (16 comments)
- Consultation begins on £1.4m South Cumbria homes proposal (1 comment)
- Cartmel Vintage Race Night
- Barrow bakery has recipe for success
- Car stolen in South Cumbria
- Barrow and Grange venues for summer street gallery exhibition
- Cumbria chef Simon Rogan wins another accolade
- Concerns over application for 68 new homes in Cumbria town
- Grange care home residents given month to leave (2 comments)
- Police appeal after Cumbria collision between car and pedestrian
- Work on multi-million housing development in South Cumbria under way
- Cumbria women invited to Dalton, Grange and Ambleside events to "change their lives"
- Look for elusive bird in Cumbria
- Supporters prepare South Cumbria lido Lottery cash bid (1 comment)
- Social media crimes in Cumbria on the increase
- Bizarre theft of Slimming World banner in Cumbria
- Cumbria businesswoman helps brave servicemen and women unwind
- UPDATE 2pm: 70 properties in Cumbria still without power
- Search is on to find a poster girl to be the face of Grange Lido campaign
- Heavy rain set to hit Cumbria today
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
- Roads around Barrow gas explosion home to be closed for at least three weeks (16 comments)
- Residents count the cost after downpour
- Council urged to breathe new life into old town pool
- No title
- Walney's American girl Hollie is a Texas whirlwind (1 comment)
- Windermere, Bowness and Ambleside
- Pugh, what a big relief for Dalton!
- Barrow's Hairy Biker married
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
Homes and gardens