Published at 11:13, Thursday, 19 May 2011
ONE of the biggest names in British comedy is set to appear in Millom later this year.A BREASTFEEDING Peer Support Group will be running a cafe at St Nicholas’ Church, Whitehaven, this Saturday. VANDALS have damaged a Ford Focus which was parked at Moor Row on May 11.POLICE have appealed for garden theft victims in the Whitehaven area to come forward after recent arrests. Various ornaments and plants have been seized from the suspects and police need help to identify them. The arrests have come after a spate of thefts in the Whitehaven area.
Comedy star Omid in Millom
Omid Djalili, who will perform a tour warm-up show on September 20, will join Bill Bailey, Ed Byrne and Terry Alderton as some of the top names to visit the Beggar’s Theatre in Millom.
The comedian shot to fame after appearances on Live at the Apollo but has starred in major Hollywood movies including Gladiator, The Mummy and Sex and the City 2.
He joins a packed programme at the venue with Welsh comic Mark Watson and Jon Richardson both confirmed to appear later in the year.
The event, which includes a raffle, will help promote breastfeeding in social surroundings and runs from 10am to 4pm.
Police say offenders used a sharp object to scratch the car while it was parked on Penzance Street between 2pm and 7pm. Around £200 damage was caused to the vehicle.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 0845 3300247.
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
More Grange news
- Officials take advice on range of ideas for Grange historic lido
- SLIDESHOW: Cartmel family race proves a winning formula
- South Cumbria school praised for helping children feel right at home
- SLIDESHOW: Sun shines on Cartmel racegoers as bank holiday meeting starts
- Grange woman who fraudulently claimed benefits in court (2 comments)
- Barrow, South Lakes and Copeland voters share their views
- Puddles the Cumbria otter cub travels to specialist hospital in Scotland
- Good Samaritan tells of impact of Grange drunk’s attack
- South Lakes housing estate plan approved
- Store owner appeals to public after £25,000 jewellery heist
- Grange man accused of grooming girl for sex
- Loved ones remembered at Cumbria service
- New Grange estate proposal branded ‘vandalism of a public view’
- Cumbria sex offender pensioner due in court today charged with loitering near children's play area
- Cumbria fly-tipper admits dumping his old sofa
- High winds close outdoor exhibition in South Cumbria
- Cartmel Races - Betfair Barbecue Day 2014
- Cartmel Races - Totepool Cumbria Crystal Hurdle Day 2014
- Two race horses perish at Cartmel races in South Cumbria (16 comments)
- Consultation begins on £1.4m South Cumbria homes proposal (1 comment)
- Cartmel Vintage Race Night
- Barrow bakery has recipe for success
- Car stolen in South Cumbria
- Barrow and Grange venues for summer street gallery exhibition
- Cumbria chef Simon Rogan wins another accolade
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22