Published at 11:13, Thursday, 19 May 2011
ONE of the biggest names in British comedy is set to appear in Millom later this year.A BREASTFEEDING Peer Support Group will be running a cafe at St Nicholas’ Church, Whitehaven, this Saturday. VANDALS have damaged a Ford Focus which was parked at Moor Row on May 11.POLICE have appealed for garden theft victims in the Whitehaven area to come forward after recent arrests. Various ornaments and plants have been seized from the suspects and police need help to identify them. The arrests have come after a spate of thefts in the Whitehaven area.
Comedy star Omid in Millom
Omid Djalili, who will perform a tour warm-up show on September 20, will join Bill Bailey, Ed Byrne and Terry Alderton as some of the top names to visit the Beggar’s Theatre in Millom.
The comedian shot to fame after appearances on Live at the Apollo but has starred in major Hollywood movies including Gladiator, The Mummy and Sex and the City 2.
He joins a packed programme at the venue with Welsh comic Mark Watson and Jon Richardson both confirmed to appear later in the year.
The event, which includes a raffle, will help promote breastfeeding in social surroundings and runs from 10am to 4pm.
Police say offenders used a sharp object to scratch the car while it was parked on Penzance Street between 2pm and 7pm. Around £200 damage was caused to the vehicle.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 0845 3300247.
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
More Grange news
- Cartmel Races - Betfair Barbecue Day 2014
- Cartmel Races - Totepool Cumbria Crystal Hurdle Day 2014
- Two race horses perish at Cartmel races in South Cumbria (16 comments)
- Consultation begins on £1.4m South Cumbria homes proposal
- Cartmel Vintage Race Night
- Barrow bakery has recipe for success
- Car stolen in South Cumbria
- Barrow and Grange venues for summer street gallery exhibition
- Cumbria chef Simon Rogan wins another accolade
- Concerns over application for 68 new homes in Cumbria town
- Grange care home residents given month to leave (2 comments)
- Police appeal after Cumbria collision between car and pedestrian
- Work on multi-million housing development in South Cumbria under way
- Cumbria women invited to Dalton, Grange and Ambleside events to "change their lives"
- Look for elusive bird in Cumbria
- Supporters prepare South Cumbria lido Lottery cash bid (1 comment)
- Social media crimes in Cumbria on the increase
- Bizarre theft of Slimming World banner in Cumbria
- Cumbria businesswoman helps brave servicemen and women unwind
- UPDATE 2pm: 70 properties in Cumbria still without power
- Search is on to find a poster girl to be the face of Grange Lido campaign
- Heavy rain set to hit Cumbria today
- Icy conditions cause string of accidents in Ulverston and South Cumbria
- Bid to close ‘high risk’ Grange rail crossing
- Crowds flock to Grange Christmas lights switch-on
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012