Millom are on the up
Published at 11:56, Monday, 14 April 2008
MILLOM moved a step closer to their title dreams in the Conference Division Two with an emphatic 54-22 win over Ideal Isberg on Humberside.
Tries came from a Graham Lupton hat-trick, Warren Lloyd (2), Steve Dawson, Elliott Miller (2), and Nathan Mossop , with nine goals from Paul Evans.
This weekend Millom travel to leaders Normanton ,but have two games in hand and are only two points adrift of the Yorkshire side.
Askam rounded off their season in the first division,conceding more than 50 points at second-bottom Crossfield.
Ben Lewney, with an unconverted try was the points scorer in a 52-4 defeat.
Walney came out second-best at bottom-placed Adlington in North West Counties Division One, tries coming from Steve Eddy and Adam Nicholson, with Mark Morris adding two goals in the 19-12 defeat.
It was a great end to the season for Owen Richards’ Dalton side victory as they beat second-placed Blackpool Scorpions 22-18.
Tries came from Mike Richards, Chris Banks, Luke O'Connor, John Graham and Craig Regan with two goals from Andrew Nixon.
Ulverston’s game at Shevington was off.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Grange news
- Grange man accused of grooming girl for sex
- Loved ones remembered at Cumbria service
- New Grange estate proposal branded ‘vandalism of a public view’
- Cumbria sex offender pensioner due in court today charged with loitering near children's play area
- Cumbria fly-tipper admits dumping his old sofa
- High winds close outdoor exhibition in South Cumbria
- Cartmel Races - Betfair Barbecue Day 2014
- Cartmel Races - Totepool Cumbria Crystal Hurdle Day 2014
- Two race horses perish at Cartmel races in South Cumbria (16 comments)
- Consultation begins on £1.4m South Cumbria homes proposal (1 comment)
- Cartmel Vintage Race Night
- Barrow bakery has recipe for success
- Car stolen in South Cumbria
- Barrow and Grange venues for summer street gallery exhibition
- Cumbria chef Simon Rogan wins another accolade
- Concerns over application for 68 new homes in Cumbria town
- Grange care home residents given month to leave (2 comments)
- Police appeal after Cumbria collision between car and pedestrian
- Work on multi-million housing development in South Cumbria under way
- Cumbria women invited to Dalton, Grange and Ambleside events to "change their lives"
- Look for elusive bird in Cumbria
- Supporters prepare South Cumbria lido Lottery cash bid (1 comment)
- Social media crimes in Cumbria on the increase
- Bizarre theft of Slimming World banner in Cumbria
- Cumbria businesswoman helps brave servicemen and women unwind
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
Light up a life
Go green 36
Post 16 education
Go green 36