Millom are on the up
Published at 11:56, Monday, 14 April 2008
MILLOM moved a step closer to their title dreams in the Conference Division Two with an emphatic 54-22 win over Ideal Isberg on Humberside.
Tries came from a Graham Lupton hat-trick, Warren Lloyd (2), Steve Dawson, Elliott Miller (2), and Nathan Mossop , with nine goals from Paul Evans.
This weekend Millom travel to leaders Normanton ,but have two games in hand and are only two points adrift of the Yorkshire side.
Askam rounded off their season in the first division,conceding more than 50 points at second-bottom Crossfield.
Ben Lewney, with an unconverted try was the points scorer in a 52-4 defeat.
Walney came out second-best at bottom-placed Adlington in North West Counties Division One, tries coming from Steve Eddy and Adam Nicholson, with Mark Morris adding two goals in the 19-12 defeat.
It was a great end to the season for Owen Richards’ Dalton side victory as they beat second-placed Blackpool Scorpions 22-18.
Tries came from Mike Richards, Chris Banks, Luke O'Connor, John Graham and Craig Regan with two goals from Andrew Nixon.
Ulverston’s game at Shevington was off.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Grange news
- Grange care home residents given month to leave (2 comments)
- Police appeal after Cumbria collision between car and pedestrian
- Work on multi-million housing development in South Cumbria under way
- Cumbria women invited to Dalton, Grange and Ambleside events to "change their lives"
- Look for elusive bird in Cumbria
- Supporters prepare South Cumbria lido Lottery cash bid (1 comment)
- Social media crimes in Cumbria on the increase
- Bizarre theft of Slimming World banner in Cumbria
- Cumbria businesswoman helps brave servicemen and women unwind
- UPDATE 2pm: 70 properties in Cumbria still without power
- Search is on to find a poster girl to be the face of Grange Lido campaign
- Heavy rain set to hit Cumbria today
- Icy conditions cause string of accidents in Ulverston and South Cumbria
- Bid to close ‘high risk’ Grange rail crossing
- Crowds flock to Grange Christmas lights switch-on
- 40 new affordable homes in South Cumbria (3 comments)
- Supermarket chain wants to open new express store in Grange (7 comments)
- Living wage move will give Grange workers pay rise
- More than 150 volunteers take on Grange green clean
- Grange man, 79, to stand trial for racially aggravated assault in Cumbria
- Car crash in Grange today (1 comment)
- Infrastructure expert attacks Grange houses proposal (4 comments)
- South Cumbria restaurant voted best in UK (4 comments)
- Action group could combat Grange flooding
- Grange man put on sex offenders register for fondling teenage girl
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans