Millom are on the up
Published at 11:56, Monday, 14 April 2008
MILLOM moved a step closer to their title dreams in the Conference Division Two with an emphatic 54-22 win over Ideal Isberg on Humberside.
Tries came from a Graham Lupton hat-trick, Warren Lloyd (2), Steve Dawson, Elliott Miller (2), and Nathan Mossop , with nine goals from Paul Evans.
This weekend Millom travel to leaders Normanton ,but have two games in hand and are only two points adrift of the Yorkshire side.
Askam rounded off their season in the first division,conceding more than 50 points at second-bottom Crossfield.
Ben Lewney, with an unconverted try was the points scorer in a 52-4 defeat.
Walney came out second-best at bottom-placed Adlington in North West Counties Division One, tries coming from Steve Eddy and Adam Nicholson, with Mark Morris adding two goals in the 19-12 defeat.
It was a great end to the season for Owen Richards’ Dalton side victory as they beat second-placed Blackpool Scorpions 22-18.
Tries came from Mike Richards, Chris Banks, Luke O'Connor, John Graham and Craig Regan with two goals from Andrew Nixon.
Ulverston’s game at Shevington was off.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Grange news
- Officials take advice on range of ideas for Grange historic lido
- SLIDESHOW: Cartmel family race proves a winning formula
- South Cumbria school praised for helping children feel right at home
- SLIDESHOW: Sun shines on Cartmel racegoers as bank holiday meeting starts
- Grange woman who fraudulently claimed benefits in court (2 comments)
- Barrow, South Lakes and Copeland voters share their views
- Puddles the Cumbria otter cub travels to specialist hospital in Scotland
- Good Samaritan tells of impact of Grange drunk’s attack
- South Lakes housing estate plan approved
- Store owner appeals to public after £25,000 jewellery heist
- Grange man accused of grooming girl for sex
- Loved ones remembered at Cumbria service
- New Grange estate proposal branded ‘vandalism of a public view’
- Cumbria sex offender pensioner due in court today charged with loitering near children's play area
- Cumbria fly-tipper admits dumping his old sofa
- High winds close outdoor exhibition in South Cumbria
- Cartmel Races - Betfair Barbecue Day 2014
- Cartmel Races - Totepool Cumbria Crystal Hurdle Day 2014
- Two race horses perish at Cartmel races in South Cumbria (16 comments)
- Consultation begins on £1.4m South Cumbria homes proposal (1 comment)
- Cartmel Vintage Race Night
- Barrow bakery has recipe for success
- Car stolen in South Cumbria
- Barrow and Grange venues for summer street gallery exhibition
- Cumbria chef Simon Rogan wins another accolade
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
- Class warfare is highly amusing (24 comments)
- Visitors thought rubbish heap was a bandstand
- Hairy Biker Dave Myers backs recipe book idea to save Barrow to Coniston bus (3 comments)
- Barrow men tagged after snooker game brawl
- MP backs call to save South Cumbria pub (11 comments)
- Facebook group in call for reopening of Whitehaven's cinema (8 comments)
- Body found in woods
- Barrow's Hairy Biker married
- Solfest just the ticket
- Barrow ditch pitch to provide better surface
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22