Thanks to Lake District blogger Chris Shaw (@cragshaw on Twitter) for pointing out how mountain rescue incidents for the last five years have been mapped out (screen grabs sent to photogs).
The maps show the locations of all the call outs with quite long, detailed descriptions of what occurred. It makes for fascinating reading and reminds us how much time the mountain rescue teams are giving to keep us safe on the fells and hills. Simple incidents such as a knee injury or cramps can lead to 15 team members being deployed.
See the maps at http://www.zoc.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/gmap1.html
Published: January 13, 2011
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
- Reserve for the red squirrel
- Barrow's Hairy Biker married
- Good news on march
- Grange Disability Action Group
- Barrow dad-of-two baited dogs to attack cat and sheep (33 comments)
- Cumbria fly-tipper admits dumping his old sofa
- Cartmel Races
- Tom's latest work gets into print
- Walney pensioner jailed for raping schoolgirl wins right to challenge sentence
- Sanderson’s double strike for Brow win
Post 16 education
Go green 36