Jail for Carlisle man who assaulted two officers and man on street
Published at 13:25, Friday, 21 September 2012
A man has been jailed for assaulting a policewoman, community support officer and member of the public.
John Thomas Allan, 28, of Brookside Place, Raffles, Carlisle, left Club 35 on Lowther Street when a man saw him pull a suspicious-looking plastic bag out of the back of his trousers.
He followed Allan into Scotch Street before grabbing him by the collar. Allan reacted angrily, biting his victim.
While being arrested, Allan hit a PCSO in the face before headbutting a policewoman.
In a statement to police, Allan said he had little recollection of the incident which happened in August and that he bit the member of the public in self-defence.
After he pleaded guilty at Carlisle Magistrates’ Court, District Judge Chalk sentenced Allan to 90 days in prison for the assaults and a further 28 days for breaching a curfew.
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
More Grange news
- Cumbria sex offender pensioner due in court today charged with loitering near children's play area
- Cumbria fly-tipper admits dumping his old sofa
- High winds close outdoor exhibition in South Cumbria
- Cartmel Races - Betfair Barbecue Day 2014
- Cartmel Races - Totepool Cumbria Crystal Hurdle Day 2014
- Two race horses perish at Cartmel races in South Cumbria (16 comments)
- Consultation begins on £1.4m South Cumbria homes proposal (1 comment)
- Cartmel Vintage Race Night
- Barrow bakery has recipe for success
- Car stolen in South Cumbria
- Barrow and Grange venues for summer street gallery exhibition
- Cumbria chef Simon Rogan wins another accolade
- Concerns over application for 68 new homes in Cumbria town
- Grange care home residents given month to leave (2 comments)
- Police appeal after Cumbria collision between car and pedestrian
- Work on multi-million housing development in South Cumbria under way
- Cumbria women invited to Dalton, Grange and Ambleside events to "change their lives"
- Look for elusive bird in Cumbria
- Supporters prepare South Cumbria lido Lottery cash bid (1 comment)
- Social media crimes in Cumbria on the increase
- Bizarre theft of Slimming World banner in Cumbria
- Cumbria businesswoman helps brave servicemen and women unwind
- UPDATE 2pm: 70 properties in Cumbria still without power
- Search is on to find a poster girl to be the face of Grange Lido campaign
- Heavy rain set to hit Cumbria today
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
- Man escapes from car after driving off pier
- South Cumbria family wins lottery (6 comments)
- Club hits out at foul play
- Police investigating road rage on A590 in Cumbria
- Drought - An urgent appeal (1 comment)
- Praise for Beatrix Potter inspired garden
- Stowaway threatens to wreck World Cup dream
- South Cumbria residents recall tales of woe caused by dog muck
- Union: ‘We will not back down’
- Bluebirds midfielder hopes to put frustration behind him
Go green 36
The Barber's Shop
Choosing a primary school
Kendall Brothers Ltd