Jail for Carlisle man who assaulted two officers and man on street
Published at 13:25, Friday, 21 September 2012
A man has been jailed for assaulting a policewoman, community support officer and member of the public.
John Thomas Allan, 28, of Brookside Place, Raffles, Carlisle, left Club 35 on Lowther Street when a man saw him pull a suspicious-looking plastic bag out of the back of his trousers.
He followed Allan into Scotch Street before grabbing him by the collar. Allan reacted angrily, biting his victim.
While being arrested, Allan hit a PCSO in the face before headbutting a policewoman.
In a statement to police, Allan said he had little recollection of the incident which happened in August and that he bit the member of the public in self-defence.
After he pleaded guilty at Carlisle Magistrates’ Court, District Judge Chalk sentenced Allan to 90 days in prison for the assaults and a further 28 days for breaching a curfew.
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
More Grange news
- Concerns over application for 68 new homes in Cumbria town
- Grange care home residents given month to leave (2 comments)
- Police appeal after Cumbria collision between car and pedestrian
- Work on multi-million housing development in South Cumbria under way
- Cumbria women invited to Dalton, Grange and Ambleside events to "change their lives"
- Look for elusive bird in Cumbria
- Supporters prepare South Cumbria lido Lottery cash bid (1 comment)
- Social media crimes in Cumbria on the increase
- Bizarre theft of Slimming World banner in Cumbria
- Cumbria businesswoman helps brave servicemen and women unwind
- UPDATE 2pm: 70 properties in Cumbria still without power
- Search is on to find a poster girl to be the face of Grange Lido campaign
- Heavy rain set to hit Cumbria today
- Icy conditions cause string of accidents in Ulverston and South Cumbria
- Bid to close ‘high risk’ Grange rail crossing
- Crowds flock to Grange Christmas lights switch-on
- 40 new affordable homes in South Cumbria (3 comments)
- Supermarket chain wants to open new express store in Grange (7 comments)
- Living wage move will give Grange workers pay rise
- More than 150 volunteers take on Grange green clean
- Grange man, 79, to stand trial for racially aggravated assault in Cumbria
- Car crash in Grange today (1 comment)
- Infrastructure expert attacks Grange houses proposal (4 comments)
- South Cumbria restaurant voted best in UK (4 comments)
- Action group could combat Grange flooding
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans