Jail for Carlisle man who assaulted two officers and man on street
Published at 13:25, Friday, 21 September 2012
A man has been jailed for assaulting a policewoman, community support officer and member of the public.
John Thomas Allan, 28, of Brookside Place, Raffles, Carlisle, left Club 35 on Lowther Street when a man saw him pull a suspicious-looking plastic bag out of the back of his trousers.
He followed Allan into Scotch Street before grabbing him by the collar. Allan reacted angrily, biting his victim.
While being arrested, Allan hit a PCSO in the face before headbutting a policewoman.
In a statement to police, Allan said he had little recollection of the incident which happened in August and that he bit the member of the public in self-defence.
After he pleaded guilty at Carlisle Magistrates’ Court, District Judge Chalk sentenced Allan to 90 days in prison for the assaults and a further 28 days for breaching a curfew.
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
More Grange news
- Officials take advice on range of ideas for Grange historic lido
- SLIDESHOW: Cartmel family race proves a winning formula
- South Cumbria school praised for helping children feel right at home
- SLIDESHOW: Sun shines on Cartmel racegoers as bank holiday meeting starts
- Grange woman who fraudulently claimed benefits in court (2 comments)
- Barrow, South Lakes and Copeland voters share their views
- Puddles the Cumbria otter cub travels to specialist hospital in Scotland
- Good Samaritan tells of impact of Grange drunk’s attack
- South Lakes housing estate plan approved
- Store owner appeals to public after £25,000 jewellery heist
- Grange man accused of grooming girl for sex
- Loved ones remembered at Cumbria service
- New Grange estate proposal branded ‘vandalism of a public view’
- Cumbria sex offender pensioner due in court today charged with loitering near children's play area
- Cumbria fly-tipper admits dumping his old sofa
- High winds close outdoor exhibition in South Cumbria
- Cartmel Races - Betfair Barbecue Day 2014
- Cartmel Races - Totepool Cumbria Crystal Hurdle Day 2014
- Two race horses perish at Cartmel races in South Cumbria (16 comments)
- Consultation begins on £1.4m South Cumbria homes proposal (1 comment)
- Cartmel Vintage Race Night
- Barrow bakery has recipe for success
- Car stolen in South Cumbria
- Barrow and Grange venues for summer street gallery exhibition
- Cumbria chef Simon Rogan wins another accolade
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
- South Cumbria pupils learn about the world of work - and help charities
- Barrow reveller receives points after sleeping in car (31 comments)
- Work, rest and play
- Devastated Barrow man's suicide - inquest
- Barrow's Hairy Biker married
- Bond’s latest foe
- Barla County Cup misery
- Holker Garden Festival 2012
- Grange stepped back in time
- ‘Rainy day’ savings a thing of past
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22