Grange-over-Sands Civic Society, Registered Charity No: 1096651
Last updated at 16:42, Monday, 15 June 2009
Grange, a place where it is a joy to live and work and a pleasure to visit.
For membership details contact Peter Gaskin, Loughrigg, Netherleigh Drive, Grange-over-Sands, CUMBRIA, LA11 7JQ.
For other information contact Anne Peat, 015395-32255
- 80th Anniversary of Park Road Gardens, 12th to 21st June, for futher information go to www.celebrating-grange.co.uk
- A Glimpse of Old Grange by Peter Robinson, Victoria Hall, 8.00 pm, Wednesday 17th June, by ticket
- Day trip to Harrogate, morning hosted by local Civic Society, Tuesday 14th July, members only
- Morecambe Bay Cross-bay walks: the season is in full swing. For details of walks with the Queen's Guide, Cedric Robinson, visit www.grangeoversands.net, and those led by Alan Sledmore, visit www.citycoastcountryside.co.uk/site/morecambe-cross-bay-walks.
The weather was kind to both events over the weekend; warm and sunny with a slight breeze.
The Edwardian Festival on Saturday was very successful and well attended. The Berners Close car park was full to capacity. Visitors from both the area and further afield had a good time.
The concert by the Flookburgh Brass Band was superb, including the jokes, with lots of people enjoying the music relaxing on the grass and on the benches in the shade.
Our thanks go to everyone who participated and came to these events. Do come again soon.
First published at 23:07, Sunday, 08 March 2009
Published by http://www.grangelocal.co.uk
More Grange news
- South Lakes housing estate plan approved
- Store owner appeals to public after £25,000 jewellery heist
- Grange man accused of grooming girl for sex
- Loved ones remembered at Cumbria service
- New Grange estate proposal branded ‘vandalism of a public view’
- Cumbria sex offender pensioner due in court today charged with loitering near children's play area
- Cumbria fly-tipper admits dumping his old sofa
- High winds close outdoor exhibition in South Cumbria
- Cartmel Races - Betfair Barbecue Day 2014
- Cartmel Races - Totepool Cumbria Crystal Hurdle Day 2014
- Two race horses perish at Cartmel races in South Cumbria (16 comments)
- Consultation begins on £1.4m South Cumbria homes proposal (1 comment)
- Cartmel Vintage Race Night
- Barrow bakery has recipe for success
- Car stolen in South Cumbria
- Barrow and Grange venues for summer street gallery exhibition
- Cumbria chef Simon Rogan wins another accolade
- Concerns over application for 68 new homes in Cumbria town
- Grange care home residents given month to leave (2 comments)
- Police appeal after Cumbria collision between car and pedestrian
- Work on multi-million housing development in South Cumbria under way
- Cumbria women invited to Dalton, Grange and Ambleside events to "change their lives"
- Look for elusive bird in Cumbria
- Supporters prepare South Cumbria lido Lottery cash bid (1 comment)
- Social media crimes in Cumbria on the increase
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
- New home for village post office (2 comments)
- Body found in lake
- Thug banned from every pub in Carlisle's Botchergate (14 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life