Grange-over-Sands Civic Society, Registered Charity No: 1096651
Last updated at 16:42, Monday, 15 June 2009
Grange, a place where it is a joy to live and work and a pleasure to visit.
For membership details contact Peter Gaskin, Loughrigg, Netherleigh Drive, Grange-over-Sands, CUMBRIA, LA11 7JQ.
For other information contact Anne Peat, 015395-32255
- 80th Anniversary of Park Road Gardens, 12th to 21st June, for futher information go to www.celebrating-grange.co.uk
- A Glimpse of Old Grange by Peter Robinson, Victoria Hall, 8.00 pm, Wednesday 17th June, by ticket
- Day trip to Harrogate, morning hosted by local Civic Society, Tuesday 14th July, members only
- Morecambe Bay Cross-bay walks: the season is in full swing. For details of walks with the Queen's Guide, Cedric Robinson, visit www.grangeoversands.net, and those led by Alan Sledmore, visit www.citycoastcountryside.co.uk/site/morecambe-cross-bay-walks.
The weather was kind to both events over the weekend; warm and sunny with a slight breeze.
The Edwardian Festival on Saturday was very successful and well attended. The Berners Close car park was full to capacity. Visitors from both the area and further afield had a good time.
The concert by the Flookburgh Brass Band was superb, including the jokes, with lots of people enjoying the music relaxing on the grass and on the benches in the shade.
Our thanks go to everyone who participated and came to these events. Do come again soon.
First published at 23:07, Sunday, 08 March 2009
Published by http://www.grangelocal.co.uk
More Grange news
- Look for elusive bird in Cumbria
- Supporters prepare South Cumbria lido Lottery cash bid (1 comment)
- Social media crimes in Cumbria on the increase
- Bizarre theft of Slimming World banner in Cumbria
- Cumbria businesswoman helps brave servicemen and women unwind
- UPDATE 2pm: 70 properties in Cumbria still without power
- Search is on to find a poster girl to be the face of Grange Lido campaign
- Heavy rain set to hit Cumbria today
- Icy conditions cause string of accidents in Ulverston and South Cumbria
- Bid to close ‘high risk’ Grange rail crossing
- Crowds flock to Grange Christmas lights switch-on
- 40 new affordable homes in South Cumbria (3 comments)
- Supermarket chain wants to open new express store in Grange (7 comments)
- Living wage move will give Grange workers pay rise
- More than 150 volunteers take on Grange green clean
- Grange man, 79, to stand trial for racially aggravated assault in Cumbria
- Car crash in Grange today (1 comment)
- Infrastructure expert attacks Grange houses proposal (4 comments)
- South Cumbria restaurant voted best in UK (4 comments)
- Action group could combat Grange flooding
- Grange man put on sex offenders register for fondling teenage girl
- Cumbria chef ranked third in national contest
- Design-a-Christmas card competition launched by MP
- South Cumbria business running road safety competition
- Pensioner taken to hospital after crash in South Cumbria
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans