Grange Mum, 25, dies after seizure
Last updated at 16:24, Monday, 27 August 2012
TRIBUTES have been paid to a young Grange mother who died after a 17-year battle with epilepsy
TRIBUTES have been paid to a young Grange mother who died after a 17-year battle with epilepsy.
Emma Jane Bolton died, aged 25, on August 13 after suffering an epileptic seizure at home.
Miss Bolton, of Fell Road, Grange, has been described as a “doting mother” to her three-year-old daughter Alyssa.
Her mother, Wendy Bolton, turned 51 the week following her daughter’s death.
The latest tragedy comes four years after the death of her husband and Emma’s stepfather, John Bolton, in August 2008.
Mrs Bolton said: “I’m devastated but I have put a brave face on for my granddaughter.
“She used to take her to the playground, Alyssa was her life.
“She was a doting mother.
“When she had her little girl she just wanted to look after her.”
Mrs Bolton said her daughter was first diagnosed with epilepsy when she was eight-years-old, after she had a seizure while she was getting her ears pierced.
The pair were brought closer following the death of Miss Bolton’s stepfather in 2008.
Mrs Bolton said: “She took his name when we remarried. He loved her to bits and she loved him to bits, it was a very happy time.
“Now I don’t tend to celebrate my birthdays – I lost my husband days before my birthday and this year I lost my daughter.
“She used to say I was not only her mother but her big sister and her friend.
“She would always do things like go to the shops to save me going, we got on well.
“It’s devastating but I know life has to go on.”
Mrs Bolton said dozens of condolence messages have been sent through Facebook.
“She was popular and considerate,” she said.
“I have just got to concentrate on my granddaughter.
“She knows she has gone. I told her ‘Mummy has gone to heaven to be with the angels and her granddad’.”
Miss Bolton will be cremated at Lancaster and Morecambe Crematorium on Tuesday, August 28, at 2.45pm.
First published at 16:19, Monday, 27 August 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
More Grange news
- Officials take advice on range of ideas for Grange historic lido
- SLIDESHOW: Cartmel family race proves a winning formula
- South Cumbria school praised for helping children feel right at home
- SLIDESHOW: Sun shines on Cartmel racegoers as bank holiday meeting starts
- Grange woman who fraudulently claimed benefits in court (2 comments)
- Barrow, South Lakes and Copeland voters share their views
- Puddles the Cumbria otter cub travels to specialist hospital in Scotland
- Good Samaritan tells of impact of Grange drunk’s attack
- South Lakes housing estate plan approved
- Store owner appeals to public after £25,000 jewellery heist
- Grange man accused of grooming girl for sex
- Loved ones remembered at Cumbria service
- New Grange estate proposal branded ‘vandalism of a public view’
- Cumbria sex offender pensioner due in court today charged with loitering near children's play area
- Cumbria fly-tipper admits dumping his old sofa
- High winds close outdoor exhibition in South Cumbria
- Cartmel Races - Betfair Barbecue Day 2014
- Cartmel Races - Totepool Cumbria Crystal Hurdle Day 2014
- Two race horses perish at Cartmel races in South Cumbria (16 comments)
- Consultation begins on £1.4m South Cumbria homes proposal (1 comment)
- Cartmel Vintage Race Night
- Barrow bakery has recipe for success
- Car stolen in South Cumbria
- Barrow and Grange venues for summer street gallery exhibition
- Cumbria chef Simon Rogan wins another accolade
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
- Class warfare is highly amusing (24 comments)
- Visitors thought rubbish heap was a bandstand
- Hairy Biker Dave Myers backs recipe book idea to save Barrow to Coniston bus (3 comments)
- Barrow men tagged after snooker game brawl
- MP backs call to save South Cumbria pub (11 comments)
- Facebook group in call for reopening of Whitehaven's cinema (8 comments)
- Body found in woods
- Barrow's Hairy Biker married
- Peace dove takes wing to honour town VC hero
- Solfest just the ticket
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22