Go ahead for build despite objections
Published at 10:40, Saturday, 28 April 2012
A BUNGALOW in a South Lakeland town is set to be demolished.
The property, in Priory Lane, Grange, will make way for a pair of semi-detached dormer bungalows.
The move was agreed at a meeting of South Lakeland District Council’s planning committee on Thursday, (April 25) despite a number of objections raised by neighbours.
Residents of Priory Lane wrote against the proposal – citing concerns over loss of privacy, loss of light and over-development of the site.
But David Stephenson, father of applicant John Stevenson addressed the committee – claiming he had the greatest respect for the character of the street.
He said: “I have been a builder for 50 years and I can assure you there’s no way we would do anything injurious to the property or the appearance of the neighbourhood in which we live.”
Planning committee member Cllr David Williams supported the application.
He explained that a visit to the site had been extremely helpful.
Cllr Williams said: “We are looking at a not very attractive bungalow on a site with some not very attractive trees being replaced by what will be two very attractive bungalows by a contractor who built two very attractive bungalows across the road.
“I, therefore, have no hesitation in proposing that this application is granted.”
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Grange news
- Loved ones remembered at Cumbria service
- New Grange estate proposal branded ‘vandalism of a public view’
- Cumbria sex offender pensioner due in court today charged with loitering near children's play area
- Cumbria fly-tipper admits dumping his old sofa
- High winds close outdoor exhibition in South Cumbria
- Cartmel Races - Betfair Barbecue Day 2014
- Cartmel Races - Totepool Cumbria Crystal Hurdle Day 2014
- Two race horses perish at Cartmel races in South Cumbria (16 comments)
- Consultation begins on £1.4m South Cumbria homes proposal (1 comment)
- Cartmel Vintage Race Night
- Barrow bakery has recipe for success
- Car stolen in South Cumbria
- Barrow and Grange venues for summer street gallery exhibition
- Cumbria chef Simon Rogan wins another accolade
- Concerns over application for 68 new homes in Cumbria town
- Grange care home residents given month to leave (2 comments)
- Police appeal after Cumbria collision between car and pedestrian
- Work on multi-million housing development in South Cumbria under way
- Cumbria women invited to Dalton, Grange and Ambleside events to "change their lives"
- Look for elusive bird in Cumbria
- Supporters prepare South Cumbria lido Lottery cash bid (1 comment)
- Social media crimes in Cumbria on the increase
- Bizarre theft of Slimming World banner in Cumbria
- Cumbria businesswoman helps brave servicemen and women unwind
- UPDATE 2pm: 70 properties in Cumbria still without power
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012