Driver praised after collision
Published at 16:29, Thursday, 10 January 2013
AN investigation is under way into a collision involving a minibus full of college students on the A590.
The Travellers Choice coach, which was carrying 26 students to Lancaster and Morecambe College, was involved in a collision with a 4x4 on the Meathop roundabout, near Grange, at about 8.15am yesterday.
Mark Shaw, director of the coach company, praised the skill of the driver. He said the minibus had entered the roundabout from the B5277 when the collision happened with the 4x4, which came from the direction of Lindale Hill.
“Our driver did a good job of keeping everybody safe and it could have been a lot worse,” said Mr Shaw.
Lancaster and Morecambe College said no students had been injured. A replacement bus was sent and the students arrived 15 minutes late for lessons.
A spokeswoman said: “The college has contacted the parents of every student under the age of 18 who was on the bus to make them aware of the situation and reassure them on the matter.”
Police are investigating and any witnesses should call PC Victoria Smith at Kendal police on 101.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Grange news
- Fears for increased traffic in South Cumbria town (1 comment)
- Crowds bask in glory of Grange Edwardian festival
- TV star to lead the way during inaugural South Cumbria cycling event (5 comments)
- Disused Grange pool may be knocked down
- Grange jewellery thieves jailed
- Cumbria County Council election
- Grange child porn man turned in by own sister
- Cumbria man found in possession of child porn
- Cumbria police appeal after £4k quad bike stolen in South Lakes (2 comments)
- Two-hour struggle to free digger stuck in mud at Grange
- My 50 golden years patrolling the sands to Morecambe Bay
- Historical food expert to attend Holker festival in Cumbria
- Thieves swipe safe from Grange family butcher
- Lindale farmer buried hard drug stash (1 comment)
- Drug dealer "spooked" by car hides drugs stash on South Cumbria farm (4 comments)
- South Lakes residents invited to comment on dog control orders (4 comments)
- Thief blasted for targeting wishing well
- South Lakes restaurant gets AA cooking award
- Flookburgh based Bay Search and Rescue charity in bid to boost funds (2 comments)
- Driver praised after collision
- South Lakes energy scheme recharged (1 comment)
- UPDATED: South Lakes man located
- Satnav stolen from locked car in Grange
- Post box blown up in Grange
- Grange event starts festive fun
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012