Driver praised after collision
Published at 16:29, Thursday, 10 January 2013
AN investigation is under way into a collision involving a minibus full of college students on the A590.
The Travellers Choice coach, which was carrying 26 students to Lancaster and Morecambe College, was involved in a collision with a 4x4 on the Meathop roundabout, near Grange, at about 8.15am yesterday.
Mark Shaw, director of the coach company, praised the skill of the driver. He said the minibus had entered the roundabout from the B5277 when the collision happened with the 4x4, which came from the direction of Lindale Hill.
“Our driver did a good job of keeping everybody safe and it could have been a lot worse,” said Mr Shaw.
Lancaster and Morecambe College said no students had been injured. A replacement bus was sent and the students arrived 15 minutes late for lessons.
A spokeswoman said: “The college has contacted the parents of every student under the age of 18 who was on the bus to make them aware of the situation and reassure them on the matter.”
Police are investigating and any witnesses should call PC Victoria Smith at Kendal police on 101.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Grange news
- Officials take advice on range of ideas for Grange historic lido
- SLIDESHOW: Cartmel family race proves a winning formula
- South Cumbria school praised for helping children feel right at home
- SLIDESHOW: Sun shines on Cartmel racegoers as bank holiday meeting starts
- Grange woman who fraudulently claimed benefits in court (2 comments)
- Barrow, South Lakes and Copeland voters share their views
- Puddles the Cumbria otter cub travels to specialist hospital in Scotland
- Good Samaritan tells of impact of Grange drunk’s attack
- South Lakes housing estate plan approved
- Store owner appeals to public after £25,000 jewellery heist
- Grange man accused of grooming girl for sex
- Loved ones remembered at Cumbria service
- New Grange estate proposal branded ‘vandalism of a public view’
- Cumbria sex offender pensioner due in court today charged with loitering near children's play area
- Cumbria fly-tipper admits dumping his old sofa
- High winds close outdoor exhibition in South Cumbria
- Cartmel Races - Betfair Barbecue Day 2014
- Cartmel Races - Totepool Cumbria Crystal Hurdle Day 2014
- Two race horses perish at Cartmel races in South Cumbria (16 comments)
- Consultation begins on £1.4m South Cumbria homes proposal (1 comment)
- Cartmel Vintage Race Night
- Barrow bakery has recipe for success
- Car stolen in South Cumbria
- Barrow and Grange venues for summer street gallery exhibition
- Cumbria chef Simon Rogan wins another accolade
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
- Dalton firm takes on the fashion markets
- Thomas the Tank Engine’s 65th anniversary
- Barrow's Hairy Biker married
- Barrow man admits burglary at house on his street
- Roy Hodgson commands our respect and support (1 comment)
- Motor salesman jailed for stealing thousands from bosses
- ‘It’s only a spliff’, Barrow court told
- Laurie submerged in Lake District’s beauty
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22