Driver praised after collision
Published at 16:29, Thursday, 10 January 2013
AN investigation is under way into a collision involving a minibus full of college students on the A590.
The Travellers Choice coach, which was carrying 26 students to Lancaster and Morecambe College, was involved in a collision with a 4x4 on the Meathop roundabout, near Grange, at about 8.15am yesterday.
Mark Shaw, director of the coach company, praised the skill of the driver. He said the minibus had entered the roundabout from the B5277 when the collision happened with the 4x4, which came from the direction of Lindale Hill.
“Our driver did a good job of keeping everybody safe and it could have been a lot worse,” said Mr Shaw.
Lancaster and Morecambe College said no students had been injured. A replacement bus was sent and the students arrived 15 minutes late for lessons.
A spokeswoman said: “The college has contacted the parents of every student under the age of 18 who was on the bus to make them aware of the situation and reassure them on the matter.”
Police are investigating and any witnesses should call PC Victoria Smith at Kendal police on 101.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Grange news
- Barrow and Grange venues for summer street gallery exhibition
- Cumbria chef Simon Rogan wins another accolade
- Concerns over application for 68 new homes in Cumbria town
- Grange care home residents given month to leave (2 comments)
- Police appeal after Cumbria collision between car and pedestrian
- Work on multi-million housing development in South Cumbria under way
- Cumbria women invited to Dalton, Grange and Ambleside events to "change their lives"
- Look for elusive bird in Cumbria
- Supporters prepare South Cumbria lido Lottery cash bid (1 comment)
- Social media crimes in Cumbria on the increase
- Bizarre theft of Slimming World banner in Cumbria
- Cumbria businesswoman helps brave servicemen and women unwind
- UPDATE 2pm: 70 properties in Cumbria still without power
- Search is on to find a poster girl to be the face of Grange Lido campaign
- Heavy rain set to hit Cumbria today
- Icy conditions cause string of accidents in Ulverston and South Cumbria
- Bid to close ‘high risk’ Grange rail crossing
- Crowds flock to Grange Christmas lights switch-on
- 40 new affordable homes in South Cumbria (3 comments)
- Supermarket chain wants to open new express store in Grange (7 comments)
- Living wage move will give Grange workers pay rise
- More than 150 volunteers take on Grange green clean
- Grange man, 79, to stand trial for racially aggravated assault in Cumbria
- Car crash in Grange today (1 comment)
- Infrastructure expert attacks Grange houses proposal (4 comments)
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans