Doctor found guilty of serious misconduct
Last updated at 06:41, Wednesday, 15 December 2010
A FAMILY doctor branded a real-life "Jekyll and Hyde" due to a string of temper tantrums while on duty faces being struck off after a medical tribunal found him guilty of serious misconduct.
Dr Henry Hart, 45, was frequently rude, aggressive, unhelpful and unprofessional towards colleagues and junior staff, subjecting them to tirades of abuse, during his reign of terror at the Bayside family practice in Ulverston
The father-of-two from Kirkby, had denied 33 counts of unprofessional behaviour during his GMC hearing.
But a GMC panel yesterday found Hart guilty of serious misconduct after some, but not all, of the allegations against him were accepted as proved.
The GMC Panel will now hear submissions from both the GMC and defence counsel before determining what sanctions, if any, to place on Dr Hart's medical practices.
See today's Evening Mail for the full story.
First published at 19:14, Tuesday, 14 December 2010
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Grange news
- Two race-horses perish at Cartmel races in South Cumbria (7 comments)
- Cartmel Races
- Consultation begins on £1.4m South Cumbria homes proposal
- Cartmel Vintage Race Night
- Barrow bakery has recipe for success
- Car stolen in South Cumbria
- Barrow and Grange venues for summer street gallery exhibition
- Cumbria chef Simon Rogan wins another accolade
- Concerns over application for 68 new homes in Cumbria town
- Grange care home residents given month to leave (2 comments)
- Police appeal after Cumbria collision between car and pedestrian
- Work on multi-million housing development in South Cumbria under way
- Cumbria women invited to Dalton, Grange and Ambleside events to "change their lives"
- Look for elusive bird in Cumbria
- Supporters prepare South Cumbria lido Lottery cash bid (1 comment)
- Social media crimes in Cumbria on the increase
- Bizarre theft of Slimming World banner in Cumbria
- Cumbria businesswoman helps brave servicemen and women unwind
- UPDATE 2pm: 70 properties in Cumbria still without power
- Search is on to find a poster girl to be the face of Grange Lido campaign
- Heavy rain set to hit Cumbria today
- Icy conditions cause string of accidents in Ulverston and South Cumbria
- Bid to close ‘high risk’ Grange rail crossing
- Crowds flock to Grange Christmas lights switch-on
- 40 new affordable homes in South Cumbria (3 comments)
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
- No title
- Motor salesman jailed for stealing thousands from bosses
- Environmental offences crackdown in Barrow (2 comments)
- Grange and Witherslack underpass closure ‘will put drivers’ lives at risk’ (2 comments)
- Man escapes from car after driving off pier
- ‘A woman and half my lands to kill last wolf’
- Love Barrow? Indeed I do
- Cartmel Races
- First aid effort wins gold award for Grange