Doctor found guilty of serious misconduct
Last updated at 06:41, Wednesday, 15 December 2010
A FAMILY doctor branded a real-life "Jekyll and Hyde" due to a string of temper tantrums while on duty faces being struck off after a medical tribunal found him guilty of serious misconduct.
Dr Henry Hart, 45, was frequently rude, aggressive, unhelpful and unprofessional towards colleagues and junior staff, subjecting them to tirades of abuse, during his reign of terror at the Bayside family practice in Ulverston
The father-of-two from Kirkby, had denied 33 counts of unprofessional behaviour during his GMC hearing.
But a GMC panel yesterday found Hart guilty of serious misconduct after some, but not all, of the allegations against him were accepted as proved.
The GMC Panel will now hear submissions from both the GMC and defence counsel before determining what sanctions, if any, to place on Dr Hart's medical practices.
See today's Evening Mail for the full story.
First published at 19:14, Tuesday, 14 December 2010
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Grange news
- TV star to lead the way during inaugural South Cumbria cycling event (4 comments)
- Disused Grange pool may be knocked down
- Grange jewellery thieves jailed
- Cumbria County Council election
- Grange child porn man turned in by own sister
- Cumbria man found in possession of child porn
- Cumbria police appeal after £4k quad bike stolen in South Lakes (2 comments)
- Two-hour struggle to free digger stuck in mud at Grange
- My 50 golden years patrolling the sands to Morecambe Bay
- Historical food expert to attend Holker festival in Cumbria
- Thieves swipe safe from Grange family butcher
- Lindale farmer buried hard drug stash (1 comment)
- Drug dealer "spooked" by car hides drugs stash on South Cumbria farm (4 comments)
- South Lakes residents invited to comment on dog control orders (4 comments)
- Thief blasted for targeting wishing well
- South Lakes restaurant gets AA cooking award
- Flookburgh based Bay Search and Rescue charity in bid to boost funds (2 comments)
- Driver praised after collision
- South Lakes energy scheme recharged (1 comment)
- UPDATED: South Lakes man located
- Satnav stolen from locked car in Grange
- Post box blown up in Grange
- Grange event starts festive fun
- Judge retires after 20 years on bench
- Dedicated volunteer set to meet royalty at event
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012