Doctor found guilty of serious misconduct
Last updated at 06:41, Wednesday, 15 December 2010
A FAMILY doctor branded a real-life "Jekyll and Hyde" due to a string of temper tantrums while on duty faces being struck off after a medical tribunal found him guilty of serious misconduct.
Dr Henry Hart, 45, was frequently rude, aggressive, unhelpful and unprofessional towards colleagues and junior staff, subjecting them to tirades of abuse, during his reign of terror at the Bayside family practice in Ulverston
The father-of-two from Kirkby, had denied 33 counts of unprofessional behaviour during his GMC hearing.
But a GMC panel yesterday found Hart guilty of serious misconduct after some, but not all, of the allegations against him were accepted as proved.
The GMC Panel will now hear submissions from both the GMC and defence counsel before determining what sanctions, if any, to place on Dr Hart's medical practices.
See today's Evening Mail for the full story.
First published at 19:14, Tuesday, 14 December 2010
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Grange news
- Officials take advice on range of ideas for Grange historic lido
- SLIDESHOW: Cartmel family race proves a winning formula
- South Cumbria school praised for helping children feel right at home
- SLIDESHOW: Sun shines on Cartmel racegoers as bank holiday meeting starts
- Grange woman who fraudulently claimed benefits in court (2 comments)
- Barrow, South Lakes and Copeland voters share their views
- Puddles the Cumbria otter cub travels to specialist hospital in Scotland
- Good Samaritan tells of impact of Grange drunk’s attack
- South Lakes housing estate plan approved
- Store owner appeals to public after £25,000 jewellery heist
- Grange man accused of grooming girl for sex
- Loved ones remembered at Cumbria service
- New Grange estate proposal branded ‘vandalism of a public view’
- Cumbria sex offender pensioner due in court today charged with loitering near children's play area
- Cumbria fly-tipper admits dumping his old sofa
- High winds close outdoor exhibition in South Cumbria
- Cartmel Races - Betfair Barbecue Day 2014
- Cartmel Races - Totepool Cumbria Crystal Hurdle Day 2014
- Two race horses perish at Cartmel races in South Cumbria (16 comments)
- Consultation begins on £1.4m South Cumbria homes proposal (1 comment)
- Cartmel Vintage Race Night
- Barrow bakery has recipe for success
- Car stolen in South Cumbria
- Barrow and Grange venues for summer street gallery exhibition
- Cumbria chef Simon Rogan wins another accolade
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22