Cumbria's Blue Peter star Helen Skelton is getting married
Last updated at 12:08, Monday, 12 March 2012
Helen Skelton – Cumbria’s all-action Blue Peter presenter – is getting married.
It emerged today that the 28-year-old, from Kirkby Thore, near Penrith, has got engaged to boyfriend Rich Myler.
Details were released via postings on social networking websites.
On Twitter, posting up photographs, Helen, of Kirkby Thore near Penrith, said: “I am a very lucky lady! Thanks for all your kind messages x”. She also said that her boyfriend “excelled on the ring” during his proposal.
The former BBC Radio Cumbria journalist’s engagement comes just weeks after she trekked to the South Pole for Sport Relief 2012.
First published at 11:28, Monday, 12 March 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
More Grange news
- Puddles the Cumbria otter cub travels to specialist hospital in Scotland
- Good Samaritan tells of impact of Grange drunk’s attack
- South Lakes housing estate plan approved
- Store owner appeals to public after £25,000 jewellery heist
- Grange man accused of grooming girl for sex
- Loved ones remembered at Cumbria service
- New Grange estate proposal branded ‘vandalism of a public view’
- Cumbria sex offender pensioner due in court today charged with loitering near children's play area
- Cumbria fly-tipper admits dumping his old sofa
- High winds close outdoor exhibition in South Cumbria
- Cartmel Races - Betfair Barbecue Day 2014
- Cartmel Races - Totepool Cumbria Crystal Hurdle Day 2014
- Two race horses perish at Cartmel races in South Cumbria (16 comments)
- Consultation begins on £1.4m South Cumbria homes proposal (1 comment)
- Cartmel Vintage Race Night
- Barrow bakery has recipe for success
- Car stolen in South Cumbria
- Barrow and Grange venues for summer street gallery exhibition
- Cumbria chef Simon Rogan wins another accolade
- Concerns over application for 68 new homes in Cumbria town
- Grange care home residents given month to leave (2 comments)
- Police appeal after Cumbria collision between car and pedestrian
- Work on multi-million housing development in South Cumbria under way
- Cumbria women invited to Dalton, Grange and Ambleside events to "change their lives"
- Look for elusive bird in Cumbria
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
- Cumbria police launch investigation after lamb killed in field
- Ulverston woman amended her insurance documents using ballpoint pen
- Ulverston set for royal visit
- Alice Egerton
- Wedding gifts and bag searches at Woolies
- Pupils can learn so much from scheme
- Carlisle boss: We need to toughen up
- James is moving on up
- Sherwood’s on song...
- Bob’s just the job
Luscombe Plant Hire
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21