COP CAR COLLISION
Published at 13:14, Monday, 03 May 2010
A 21-YEAR-OLD pedestrian was taken to hospital after being involved in a collision with a police car.
The incident happened at around 2.55am on Saturday in Anson Street, Barrow.
The man, of Barrow, was taken to Furness General Hospital where he underwent an operation for a fractured ankle later that day.
A police spokesman said yesterday that the casualty was still in hospital on Saturday evening and was in a comfortable condition.
The spokesman said the matter was still under investigation.
Inspector Chris Wright of Cumbria Police said on Saturday: “It is still being investigated. The lad is at hospital being treated. We don’t know the extent of his leg injuries at this time but they are not life-threatening.
“The incident occurred on Anson Street and the pedestrian appears to have collided with the police vehicle. We need to ascertain where people were when the incident occurred.
“We are also speaking to potential witnesses in the Barrow area.
“The police vehicle was not responding to an incident and he wasn’t flying down the road with all guns blazing.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 0845 33 00 247.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Grange news
- Officials take advice on range of ideas for Grange historic lido
- SLIDESHOW: Cartmel family race proves a winning formula
- South Cumbria school praised for helping children feel right at home
- SLIDESHOW: Sun shines on Cartmel racegoers as bank holiday meeting starts
- Grange woman who fraudulently claimed benefits in court (2 comments)
- Barrow, South Lakes and Copeland voters share their views
- Puddles the Cumbria otter cub travels to specialist hospital in Scotland
- Good Samaritan tells of impact of Grange drunk’s attack
- South Lakes housing estate plan approved
- Store owner appeals to public after £25,000 jewellery heist
- Grange man accused of grooming girl for sex
- Loved ones remembered at Cumbria service
- New Grange estate proposal branded ‘vandalism of a public view’
- Cumbria sex offender pensioner due in court today charged with loitering near children's play area
- Cumbria fly-tipper admits dumping his old sofa
- High winds close outdoor exhibition in South Cumbria
- Cartmel Races - Betfair Barbecue Day 2014
- Cartmel Races - Totepool Cumbria Crystal Hurdle Day 2014
- Two race horses perish at Cartmel races in South Cumbria (16 comments)
- Consultation begins on £1.4m South Cumbria homes proposal (1 comment)
- Cartmel Vintage Race Night
- Barrow bakery has recipe for success
- Car stolen in South Cumbria
- Barrow and Grange venues for summer street gallery exhibition
- Cumbria chef Simon Rogan wins another accolade
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
- Barrow's Hairy Biker married
- Nation’s tribute cross to its brave adopted sons
- Sisters of Mercy say final farewell to Maryport
- ‘It’s only a spliff’, Barrow court told
- Dalton firm takes on the fashion markets
- Roy Hodgson commands our respect and support (1 comment)
- UVHS right on course (1 comment)
- Thomas the Tank Engine’s 65th anniversary
- Messey Church Comes to Allithwaite
- Tesco buys five convenience stores in Cumbria (24 comments)
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22