COP CAR COLLISION
Published at 13:14, Monday, 03 May 2010
A 21-YEAR-OLD pedestrian was taken to hospital after being involved in a collision with a police car.
The incident happened at around 2.55am on Saturday in Anson Street, Barrow.
The man, of Barrow, was taken to Furness General Hospital where he underwent an operation for a fractured ankle later that day.
A police spokesman said yesterday that the casualty was still in hospital on Saturday evening and was in a comfortable condition.
The spokesman said the matter was still under investigation.
Inspector Chris Wright of Cumbria Police said on Saturday: “It is still being investigated. The lad is at hospital being treated. We don’t know the extent of his leg injuries at this time but they are not life-threatening.
“The incident occurred on Anson Street and the pedestrian appears to have collided with the police vehicle. We need to ascertain where people were when the incident occurred.
“We are also speaking to potential witnesses in the Barrow area.
“The police vehicle was not responding to an incident and he wasn’t flying down the road with all guns blazing.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 0845 33 00 247.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Grange news
- Fears for increased traffic in South Cumbria town (1 comment)
- Crowds bask in glory of Grange Edwardian festival
- TV star to lead the way during inaugural South Cumbria cycling event (5 comments)
- Disused Grange pool may be knocked down
- Grange jewellery thieves jailed
- Cumbria County Council election
- Grange child porn man turned in by own sister
- Cumbria man found in possession of child porn
- Cumbria police appeal after £4k quad bike stolen in South Lakes (2 comments)
- Two-hour struggle to free digger stuck in mud at Grange
- My 50 golden years patrolling the sands to Morecambe Bay
- Historical food expert to attend Holker festival in Cumbria
- Thieves swipe safe from Grange family butcher
- Lindale farmer buried hard drug stash (1 comment)
- Drug dealer "spooked" by car hides drugs stash on South Cumbria farm (4 comments)
- South Lakes residents invited to comment on dog control orders (4 comments)
- Thief blasted for targeting wishing well
- South Lakes restaurant gets AA cooking award
- Flookburgh based Bay Search and Rescue charity in bid to boost funds (2 comments)
- Driver praised after collision
- South Lakes energy scheme recharged (1 comment)
- UPDATED: South Lakes man located
- Satnav stolen from locked car in Grange
- Post box blown up in Grange
- Grange event starts festive fun
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
- Cartmel Races
- ‘A woman and half my lands to kill last wolf’
- Amateur gardener gains a bronze at international
- Plans for Indian takeaway in Millom spark traders' protest (29 comments)
- Interval training maximises your body
- No title
- Call for road investment after A590 safety talks (1 comment)
- Artist’s love of the Lakes
- No title