A break from Bond
Last updated at 08:52, Tuesday, 20 May 2008
DANIEL Craig took time out from filming the latest James Bond movie Quantum of Solace to attend the London premiere of his new film, Flashbacks of a Fool.
Craig plays Joe Scott, a washed-up film star whose hedonistic life has taken its toll, a world away from the dashing 007.
The British film, written and directed by Baillie Walsh, shows the middle-aged actor trying to come to terms with his troubled past as he revisits the seaside town where he grew up.
Craig played a part in helping gain finance for the film and took an executive producer’s role.
He said: “I got involved on an executive producer’s level to try to drum the money up which involves pressing the flesh and being nice to people. You know how much I love doing that.”
The film also stars Claire Forlani, Keeley Hawes and Mark Strong.
First published at 11:55, Thursday, 17 April 2008
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Grange news
- Good Samaritan tells of impact of Grange drunk’s attack
- South Lakes housing estate plan approved
- Store owner appeals to public after £25,000 jewellery heist
- Grange man accused of grooming girl for sex
- Loved ones remembered at Cumbria service
- New Grange estate proposal branded ‘vandalism of a public view’
- Cumbria sex offender pensioner due in court today charged with loitering near children's play area
- Cumbria fly-tipper admits dumping his old sofa
- High winds close outdoor exhibition in South Cumbria
- Cartmel Races - Betfair Barbecue Day 2014
- Cartmel Races - Totepool Cumbria Crystal Hurdle Day 2014
- Two race horses perish at Cartmel races in South Cumbria (16 comments)
- Consultation begins on £1.4m South Cumbria homes proposal (1 comment)
- Cartmel Vintage Race Night
- Barrow bakery has recipe for success
- Car stolen in South Cumbria
- Barrow and Grange venues for summer street gallery exhibition
- Cumbria chef Simon Rogan wins another accolade
- Concerns over application for 68 new homes in Cumbria town
- Grange care home residents given month to leave (2 comments)
- Police appeal after Cumbria collision between car and pedestrian
- Work on multi-million housing development in South Cumbria under way
- Cumbria women invited to Dalton, Grange and Ambleside events to "change their lives"
- Look for elusive bird in Cumbria
- Supporters prepare South Cumbria lido Lottery cash bid (1 comment)
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education