A break from Bond
Last updated at 08:52, Tuesday, 20 May 2008
DANIEL Craig took time out from filming the latest James Bond movie Quantum of Solace to attend the London premiere of his new film, Flashbacks of a Fool.
Craig plays Joe Scott, a washed-up film star whose hedonistic life has taken its toll, a world away from the dashing 007.
The British film, written and directed by Baillie Walsh, shows the middle-aged actor trying to come to terms with his troubled past as he revisits the seaside town where he grew up.
Craig played a part in helping gain finance for the film and took an executive producer’s role.
He said: “I got involved on an executive producer’s level to try to drum the money up which involves pressing the flesh and being nice to people. You know how much I love doing that.”
The film also stars Claire Forlani, Keeley Hawes and Mark Strong.
First published at 11:55, Thursday, 17 April 2008
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Grange news
- Officials take advice on range of ideas for Grange historic lido
- SLIDESHOW: Cartmel family race proves a winning formula
- South Cumbria school praised for helping children feel right at home
- SLIDESHOW: Sun shines on Cartmel racegoers as bank holiday meeting starts
- Grange woman who fraudulently claimed benefits in court (2 comments)
- Barrow, South Lakes and Copeland voters share their views
- Puddles the Cumbria otter cub travels to specialist hospital in Scotland
- Good Samaritan tells of impact of Grange drunk’s attack
- South Lakes housing estate plan approved
- Store owner appeals to public after £25,000 jewellery heist
- Grange man accused of grooming girl for sex
- Loved ones remembered at Cumbria service
- New Grange estate proposal branded ‘vandalism of a public view’
- Cumbria sex offender pensioner due in court today charged with loitering near children's play area
- Cumbria fly-tipper admits dumping his old sofa
- High winds close outdoor exhibition in South Cumbria
- Cartmel Races - Betfair Barbecue Day 2014
- Cartmel Races - Totepool Cumbria Crystal Hurdle Day 2014
- Two race horses perish at Cartmel races in South Cumbria (16 comments)
- Consultation begins on £1.4m South Cumbria homes proposal (1 comment)
- Cartmel Vintage Race Night
- Barrow bakery has recipe for success
- Car stolen in South Cumbria
- Barrow and Grange venues for summer street gallery exhibition
- Cumbria chef Simon Rogan wins another accolade
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22